Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI.. Orders to CA will no longer be shipped via FedEx air(2nd day) standard. They will now be shipped FedEx Ground(3-4 day). Just found that out on my last order yesterday.:mad:

Thought some of you guys would like to know.

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
Guess they still have "Free Shipping" though lol. Don't mind that $10 handling fee though, shipping is still on them :mad:

·
Registered
344 Posts
everything i have ever had to buy from them came regular ground 5 plus days.

I always order from summit.. order by 3p.m. have it the next day.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess they still have "Free Shipping" though lol. Don't mind that $10 handling fee though, shipping is still on them :mad:
Sucks if you only need a $5, 10 oz part, but kicks ass when you order a $500, 50lb part.:D

everything i have ever had to buy from them came regular ground 5 plus days.

I always order from summit.. order by 3p.m. have it the next day.
Must be your area, I not a fan of Skummit.

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts
Summit has changed their shipping policey:

We ship in-stock parts via ground shipping the same day if you order by 9:00 pm Eastern Time Monday through Friday. With three nationwide locations, we can ship your order from a warehouse near you...most orders arrive in 1-2 days in the contiguous 48 states.
Delivery and Handling

Delivery and handling on all domestic orders (including APO/FPO) is non- refundable and based on your order subtotal. It's a big benefit to buy everything at once (delivery and handling is a lot cheaper than actual shipping costs), but you can't plan for emergencies, so the cost is lower for smaller orders.
$0.00-$24.99 $4.95
$25.00-$99.99 $9.95
$100.00 and up $11.95

Additional Domestic Shipping Rates and Fees

We set the standard in shipping. Whenever possible, we'll send your order via our standard 1-2 day ground delivery at no additional charge, with no rural fees, to the contiguous 48 states.
Some parts have additional charges from the carriers due to weight or size. We also have express shipping options at discounted rates:
COD: $14.00 per box
Hazardous Materials: $22.00 per box
2-Day Air: $15.00 per 20 lbs.
Next Day Air: $25.00 per 20 lbs.
Next Day Air Saturday Delivery: The Next Day Air fee + $17.00 per box
Oversize items: A special handling surcharge of $6.50-18.00 per item applies-ask your sales rep for details.

2-Day Air to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico is available at a discounted rate using the following calculation:
Metro: $12.00 + $1.50 per pound Rural: $12.00 + $2.25 per pound

Truck Freight Fees

JEGS is 12.95 for 100.00 and over. Summit is cheaper by a buck at 11.95!!

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
Glad to see that atleast Summit has dropped the shipping for when you need just a small cheap part.

·
Registered
80 Posts
ain't got nuttin but praise for Jeg's and their shipping. Bought a geared engine stand for my sons Auto Tech project just before Xmas. Summit sent me a $50 off coupon but did not have the stand I wanted. Called Jegs and they said they would take Summit's coupon. The shipping was $12.99 and I received the stand IN TWO DAYS by FedEx and it friggin weighed atleast 80 lbs. Jegs has my business from now on.

·
Seriously off center
2,442 Posts
Ordered from Jeg's last night. I would've ordered from Summit (to get it here quicker) but they don't handle what I needed. C'est la vie......

1,011 Posts
If you can get parts cheaper than Summit or Jegs, you got a better connection than me. Any place else I've seen is more. I've done this with summit. Show them a price lower than theirs and I get it for the lower price. I live about 60 miles from Summit. If I want speed parts, they are the closest I got.

Tim

·
Rollin With Fink
583 Posts
If you can get parts cheaper than Summit or Jegs, you got a better connection than me. Any place else I've seen is more. I've done this with summit. Show them a price lower than theirs and I get it for the lower price. I live about 60 miles from Summit. If I want speed parts, they are the closest I got.

Tim
This is true, I torture the prices and VERY SELDOM do I ever find anyplace cheaper than than Jegs and Summit. On a rare occasion I have, but if you like to gamble for 5 bucks with a shop that may or may not deliver- OR STAND behind the part. Plus returns are picked up from my door step if they send you the wrong part- with the shipping on them. I have sent back several items no questions asked (or very few anyway):D Barrnetts Performance is pretty good to. They have some of the best prices on Weisco pistons I have found.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
This is true, I torture the prices and VERY SELDOM do I ever find anyplace cheaper than than Jegs and Summit. On a rare occasion I have, but if you like to gamble for 5 bucks with a shop that may or may not deliver- OR STAND behind the part. Plus returns are picked up from my door step if they send you the wrong part- with the shipping on them. I have sent back several items no questions asked (or very few anyway):D Barrnetts Performance is pretty good to. They have some of the best prices on Weisco pistons I have found.

Just go to Tognotto's Auto world on Fulton Ave in Sac. I love wandering around in there when I am bored and in town. Of course their prices are not as good as Summit but you can look at and measure parts to work on a boat. You know when you need use something for a purpose other than originally intended but works perfect for what you need. like my Zoops powersteering res. from them that is my primer bottle for my injection.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts