Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
It all tastes like ass.

Couple buddies got results with NS, but it wasn't as cheap as advertised.

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
I did NS and lost 12 pounds in 5 weeks. It works. The first week is the hardest after that you'll get used to it. I stuck with th program 100% and never cheated. $300 for 6 weeks of food. Its worth it if you ask me. You do have to provide some of the food like vegetables and fruit. I've kept off 10 pounds of it and its been over a year now that I did it.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
I've done NS for the last 5 months. Lost 50 lbs already. I've cheated a little as well. You really have to pick your meals (it lets you). Some meals are really good and some taste like shit. You have to supply some fruit and veggies but the rest is provided. It's expensive but so was Micky D's and Carl's JR.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
I did JC a few years back, went from 250 to 208 (with a 175 goal) in a few months, then stopped. That was mostly because we got tired of eating the food. Get lots of Tabasco, garlic powder, etc, because the food is very generic and bland. Drink lots of water, and eat all the fruit they tell you to. I kept most of it off for a few years until I got the city job - I gained 15 pounds in just a few months eating lunch out daily. I've lost some of that with Alii, which also works if you don't eat out every day.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Don't screw around with either, you learn nothing!! I did the online program(since I don't live in Cali) from Lindora. You Cali folks can visit a clinic. Great program, teaches you why you have gained weight and how to change your lifestyle to loose and maintain your goal weight. It is called "Lean for Life" and it works. I started back in December at 255 pounds, I am 5'9". My blood sugar, blood pressure, Cholerterol were all in the "obese" catagory. I gave my wife a piece of paper in January that said ..
"50 by 50", It was my promise to loose 50 pounds by my 50th birthday in March. I reached that goal and went beyond by loosing another 15 pounds by April. I feel and look so different!! People don't recognize me!! This is a program that teaches you how to eat better the rest of your life. Trust me you don't want to eat Jenny Craig or Nutri System for any longer than you have to.

Check out there website: www.lindora.com
You will be glad you did!!
Any questions just PM me

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
Years ago I went to a gym/health club. They have a nutritioist on site, extra cost yes. She had me eating 5 times a day,small meals. With the proper food and exersize the weight will come off.

Salads (dark green leaf, not iceburg),chicken, cottage cheese, string cheese, plenty of vegies (must be the right vegies). I made my own salad dressing, red whine vinegrette. Use flax seed oil, it contains Omega 3, known to burn fat. I also had brown rice, but only for lunch, not at night, plenty of carbs. Things I didn't give up and had every day, soda and peanut butter.

·
....at the Speed of Sound
696 Posts
Weight Watchers is better than both of those and you get to eat "real" food. It definately works if you stick with it.

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
all these programs are a joke and a waste of money. you dont need to buy there food thats how they fock u. those programs are all about portion size and frequency of meals. you can accomplish with same results with discipline 6 small meals a day and exersice like P90X. OMG talk about an azz kicker.

all you need is heathy breakfast around 6 am a snack around 930 then lunch around noon then a snack around 230 then dinner then a small snack around 730. all these meals heathy and snacks should be a piece of fruit. the frequency of meals boosts your metalbolism and the exercise accelerates your metabolism. i put my wife on a regimin like this 2 months ago and she went from 210 to 178 and still going her prob is the discipline. she can be lazy sometimes and does not want to do the work out and if she does she does it half azz. i love her though:)sphss people think there doing something right by spending money on crappy food and think its cause of the food that they are loseing weight when in fact they are losing weight do to frequency of meals and portion size. remember you can achieve the same results on your own with discipline and exersice and almost no money just regular trips to the supermarket. JG NS and all those others with food to by is all a mind game. they hope you dont figure out what i said above so they can keep taking your money and serving you crappy food. this is only my personal opinion i am not a nutrition guru all i know is what ive come up with has worked wonders for me and my wife, wife esp. she feels great lots of energy and is on her way to 150 which is where we both want here to be.:D

·
Nine pieces of Eight
1,377 Posts
Buy the 100 calorie snack bags from Costco, buy lean cuisine's, drink slim fast.

40 lbs in about one year gone and that's not sticking to anything 110%.

There is no extra cost.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
all these programs are a joke and a waste of money. you dont need to buy there food thats how they fock u. those programs are all about portion size and frequency of meals. you can accomplish with same results with discipline 6 small meals a day and exersice like P90X. OMG talk about an azz kicker.

all you need is heathy breakfast around 6 am a snack around 930 then lunch around noon then a snack around 230 then dinner then a small snack around 730. all these meals heathy and snacks should be a piece of fruit. the frequency of meals boosts your metalbolism and the exercise accelerates your metabolism. i put my wife on a regimin like this 2 months ago and she went from 210 to 178 and still going her prob is the discipline. she can be lazy sometimes and does not want to do the work out and if she does she does it half azz. i love her though:)sphss people think there doing something right by spending money on crappy food and think its cause of the food that they are loseing weight when in fact they are losing weight do to frequency of meals and portion size. remember you can achieve the same results on your own with discipline and exersice and almost no money just regular trips to the supermarket. JG NS and all those others with food to by is all a mind game. they hope you dont figure out what i said above so they can keep taking your money and serving you crappy food. this is only my personal opinion i am not a nutrition guru all i know is what ive come up with has worked wonders for me and my wife, wife esp. she feels great lots of energy and is on her way to 150 which is where we both want here to be.:D
\
I totally agree, when people ask about Lindora,it really comes down to what you posted. Eat right, eat smaller portions, and exercise!!

·
Twin squirt guns.
1,778 Posts
I did Nutri System. It gave me sudden and inconvenient bowel problems. Not fun while driving to and from work. Ughh...

Try Lean Cuisine. I have been eating those for awhile now. $2.00/ea. when on sale. And the BBQ chicken pizza is really good. Add a healthy salad at dinner and you are saving calories and money.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
i put my wife on a regimin like this 2 months ago and she went from 210 to 178 and still going her prob is the discipline. :D

I'd get killed if i tried to "put my wife on a regimin". LOL

·
Got Beer?
434 Posts
E a s y

Less calories in, than out = weight loss

But my wife did Weight Watchers, counting points, she lost weight.

A MAJOR PART OF ANY PROGRAM is SUPPORT from others...like husbands!...or wives!:)devil:)devil:)devil

1 - 19 of 19 Posts