Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
not ******
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure duane will chime in, just want to know if these unit require any annual or recommended services? or are they pretty much a sealed unit and only require something if something goes wrong? thanks, just bored at work and thought i would throw this question out there cause i dont know the answer.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
There is a dipstick on the drivers side of the unit. Small plug, unscrew and check the level.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
im sure duane will chime in, just want to know if these unit require any annual or recommended services? or are they pretty much a sealed unit and only require something if something goes wrong? thanks, just bored at work and thought i would throw this question out there cause i dont know the answer.
The prior owner (Jetmech) sent your Jet-a-Way to Duane for a rebuild...(very little time on that thing) other then checking the oil it should be fine for years of service.

·
Registered
557 Posts
It's not a dipstick, it's an oil level hole like on a differential.

Ken

·
Registered
557 Posts
Fleet, that's a new one on me. Guess we'll have to wait for the "D"man to show up.

Ken

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
The early models had three holes in the case. Top hole at 11:00 o'clock is the fill hole on all models. The side hole at 2:00 o'clock is the check oil level hole on all models. The early models had another hole at 5:00 oclock that the spacer pin went in to. At serial #4050 we stopped putting the pin hole in the bottom and moved it to the 2:00 o'clock position. This pin is a must to hold the bearing spacers in place. This threaded pin also serves as a dip stick. As long as you can stick it in, (not screw it in), and touch oil, the oil level is okay. Hope that clarifies the issue.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Thanks for the reply Duane. Damnit, I learned something today...hate it when that happens! LOL

Ken

1 - 14 of 14 Posts