Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newby to jet boats or at least plan to be.So give me some lingo with definitions.Such as droop?diverter?roosterbooster?etc? You get the point, basicly names of common parts on your boats and what they are.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Start reading some threads alrady posted .. you'll pick up a lot .. Start with the "Hawaiian's" Thred. :D
That'll take a week to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p You guys added 5 pages while I was out to eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:|err:|err:|err

:)hand

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
The Trailer Queen comment wasnt targeted towards you HJ. :)
Oh sorry, just "ass"umed since you used it last night in my thread, and since you used the word broken down that you were directing it at me.:)sphss I always thought a trailer queen was a boat that was built so well and is soooooo purdy, that the owner won't dare put it in the water or take it off the trailer, for fear of making it look like it's been run.;)

·
Impeachment!
3,728 Posts
"post whore"......one who persistantly posts. Usually with no useful info. Reasons for post-whore syndrome are a mystery to medical science, though many experts believe that a high post-count is used to compensate for low self esteem.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Alright here's some jet "pump" lingo. The piece that is permanently glued in the bottom of the boat is the "intake". The tube shaped piece that bolts to it is the "suction housing". The bearing closest to the engine is the "thrust bearing" and if it is bad, you should hear a loud clacking, especially when you accelerate (if the thrust bearing is bad, the entire pump has to be torn down, and it is a good time to have it blueprinted if you have the money). The "impeller" is inside of this and has a "wear ring" around it, either stainless steel, bronze, or polyurethane [the Ultimate Wear Ring, sold at HTP (Hi-Tech Performance)]. The impeller can be aluminum, mag/bronze, or stainless steel. The "bowl" bolts to the suction housing. There are several types of bowls. I will cover the Berkeley ones, there is the "JA" and "JC", these are one piece bowls; there are "JB" and "JG", these are "split" or two piece bowls. The piece that bolts to it is the "nozzle" and comes in several forms. There is just the straight nozzle which cannot be used to trim the boat down. There are "Jetovators" which is a trimable nozzle, but doesn't provide a lot of "rooster" or performance. Then there is a "Place Diverter" (which is the name of the company also), and it is the best trimable nozzle money can buy, I'm told. And I do have one. I don't know much about the droops and rooster boosters, so I will leave that to someone else. But those are the bare bones basics of the jet pump, and unless you're attempting to rebuild one, you shouldn't need to know too much else. But, just keep reading the forum and you'll pick it up pretty quick, it's a very simple contraption.

Good luck.:)hand

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
"post whore"......one who persistantly posts. Usually with no useful info. Reasons for post-whore syndrome are a mystery to medical science, though many experts believe that a high post-count is used to compensate for low self esteem.
No that's what the jet boat is for.;) :D

Look up and tell me that is useless info!!!!!!!!!:|err And I started typing that up before you posted your post.;) I just now saw your post.;)

·
Impeachment!
3,728 Posts
No that's what the jet boat is for.;) :D

Look up and tell me that is useless info!!!!!!!!!:|err And I started typing that up before you posted your post.;) I just now saw your post.;)

even a blind dog finds a bone from time to time. :D Seriously, over 2000 posts since March?? Damn, kid....get you an old lady or something!

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
The whole thing with the Place Diverter that I've noticed as well...it's kinda become a name for all forms of diverter style nozzles. I've seen people ask about American Turbine Place Diverters and it makes me go "WTF!?".

Place diverter is usually referred to as one word, yet that is not the case. Place is the actual brand name. Diverter is the type of nozzle it is, since it diverts the water upward or downward depending on where you have it set. You can find out more about them at http://www.placediverter.com

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Think before you guys respond to these posts, posts like these are often fishing for info reqarding lawsuits and such, lawyers, and insurance investigators. :)bulb

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
The whole thing with the Place Diverter that I've noticed as well...it's kinda become a name for all forms of diverter style nozzles. I've seen people ask about American Turbine Place Diverters and it makes me go "WTF!?".

Place diverter is usually referred to as one word, yet that is not the case. Place is the actual brand name. Diverter is the type of nozzle it is, since it diverts the water upward or downward depending on where you have it set. You can find out more about them at http://www.placediverter.com
Place is also the last name of the man who started the company. The diverter nozzle also diverts water left and right for turning. :D Did we mention the clamshell for reverse?

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
100mph boat in ebay/craiglist lingo translates to 50mph boat.
No that's eBay. Craigs List it would be a 35mph boat :D

1 - 20 of 62 Posts