Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a used boat and I have a real bad oil leak and motor is popping need help getting it going I don't have a lot of money if I can get help on your free time Thanks

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Pictures also help when posting here.:)bulb

We are very visual people here on this site.:D

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a 454 Chevy and I did a boat trade and when I took it out it was leaking a lot of oil but I have no idea where it is coming out. I also put new carb gaskets and now it is popping?

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts
I have a 454 Chevy and I did a boat trade and when I took it out it was leaking a lot of oil but I have no idea where it is coming out. I also put new carb gaskets and now it is popping?
What kind of carb? Is it a double pumper? What brand? What size carb? Does it have a power valve?

Whats your timing set at? What kind of ignition system? Ignition box? What kind of distributor?

Sorry man but you've got to paint a picture for us blind people on here. We can't guess at things without SOME kind of info....other than a 454 chevy. ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't know a lot of this boat 2001 tunnel hull 10 qt oil pan, full roller motor and the timing I have no glue.

·
Inland Empire-Big River
807 Posts
Can you put a pic of the motor/boat up? You don't have any idea where the leak is coming from, not even a general idea? Is it leaking all the time or at low/high rpm's? You gotta point these guys in a general direction for any help. How much oil is leaking? How many hours did you put on it before it started leaking? etc...

If none of the above can be answered my guess is a wheel bearing;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts