Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1976 Sanger Super Jet 533
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking a speech class in college and I have to do a speech on my my hobby should be a mandatory college class. My hobby is of course, jet boating, but I cannot think why it should be a mandatory college class. I have to have 3-4 main points. I am starting out with the history, then on to why jet boats are so amazing. But these dont take care of the requirements. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
178 Posts
jet boats

:happy:Stud Rud
Look at the economic impact jet boating has on your local economy in the anchorage area. Some points of interest for you.

1. Commercial fishing and hauling. The Jet drive boat has same amount of thrust regardless of hull load, This equates to more tonnage per gallon on small vessels.

1. Sport fishing / hunting. The jet drive boat is close to perfect for the shallow braided rivers in your area. This is due to the ability to run in extremely shallow waters

1. Water rescue. Nearly every county within the United States has at least one jet boat for use during a Disaster natural or not.

1. National defense. Most all the fast attack ships in our fleet are jet propulsion drive.

1. Mail service. There are still homesteads that receive mail service in the lower 48 by jet boat only

1. Entertainment. Nothing else to do during the winter months in AK, So welcome to Performance Boats Forum. One of the best ways in the world to kill a few hours on a sunless day!

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bottom Feeder.... I believe you just saved me. Thank you so much for the ideas!. I'll do some research and look into it!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
No problem let me know if you need any "research links". How is the weather now? Was just up in your neck of the woods a few months ago. Sure love it.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I had to do a speech class in College, I did jet boats too lol. I talked about the different style bottums....gullwing, delta, tunnel, v-bottom etc. got and A...but my dumbass teacher didnt know wtf i was talking about. I had forgotten about that until I read this post. Good memories.

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The temp is dropping pretty quickly here. It was in the single digets this morning. I'll gladly look at your links if you would like to share!

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
I took Speech in college as it met the English requirement. Figured I could always talk better than I could write. Ended up meeting my wife in that class, been together almost 30 years so I'd say it worked out OK for me :) As far as your speech, if you had a fast flatty, you'd have no problem thinking of cool thing to say :rolleyes: good luck!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I took Speech in college as it met the English requirement. Figured I could always talk better than I could write. Ended up meeting my wife in that class, been together almost 30 years so I'd say it worked out OK for me :) As far as your speech, if you had a fast flatty, you'd have no problem thinking of cool thing to say :rolleyes: good luck!!

:stir: Yeah you could talk about how cool it looks sitting on the trailer, or how you and your buddies like to go to the "Float and Shines" where all the V drives float in the cove all shined up (by the way they have really big float and shines at modesto res.). You might even talk about all the excuses why you cant run your boat.........lol :)gay:(

Sorry for the thread jack.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
:stir: Yeah you could talk about how cool it looks sitting on the trailer, or how you and your buddies like to go to the "Float and Shines" where all the V drives float in the cove all shined up (by the way they have really big float and shines at modesto res.). You might even talk about all the excuses why you cant run your boat.........lol :)gay:(

Sorry for the thread jack.
not float and shines. fluff and buffs. the float is only for extra credit... :)

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
I had to do a speech class in College, I did jet boats too lol. I talked about the different style bottums....gullwing, delta, tunnel, v-bottom etc. got and A...but my dumbass teacher didnt know wtf i was talking about. I had forgotten about that until I read this post. Good memories.
When I was in college.... a wise man once told me.... "Son, Dazzle them with Brilliance.... or Baffle them with Bullshit!", AE, I guess that worked for you too!

OP, you may look at Youngbloodjetboats.com. You might find something hidden in there that might help you.

Good Luck,
Gear

·
655 Posts
Don't forget the fact that Jetboats attract young ladies with tiny swim suits

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for the great input! I'm gonna blow this speech out the water. No pun intended.

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have my speech almost finished, I just need my "last line" something that my audience will never forget. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Jetboating is a disease for which there is no cure. Those who dont understand just havent driven one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts