Performance Boats Forum banner

Jet Boat values

[Question] 
Tags
boat jet values
3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Kuminatcha 
#1 ·
Although I have had hotrods, harley's, and other boats I have never been involved with a jet boat. My interest has always been there but now I am really looking at buying one. How does one set a price on a jet boat? The boat in question is a 1988 Condor TX-19 with a blown 468 BBC. Would someone please help me determining a value of this boat? Seems to be in very good condition also. Another question is being I live in Louisiana we don't have huge freshwater lakes to ride in. Most of our riding would be in moderately traveled rivers and a saltwater lake. Can these boats take anything other that dead calm waters? Thanks for any help​

#2 ·
Location, Time of year, general condition of hull and interior , features, equipment and improvements (with reciepts) and a multitude of other factors . "Comps" work well to help assess potential value ,take a look at what similar boats are selling for here and Dragboat city, rarely will "whats been invested" bring an equal sale yield... re water use, although probably not suitable a large rough body of jet boats can take some respectable chop with ease

#3 ·
Boat

Location, Time of year, general condition of hull and interior , features, equipment and improvements (with reciepts) and a multitude of other factors . "Comps" work well to help assess potential value ,take a look at what similar boats are selling for here and Dragboat city, rarely will "whats been invested" bring an equal sale yield... re water use, although probably not suitable a large rough body of jet boats can take some respectable chop with ease
Thanks for the help. Would you mind if I texted or emailed you a few photos to get you opinion on value?

#7 · (Edited)
Just based on basic description and pics, my guess would be 12 to 14k..... That may be a little high just based on the blown deal. Real life kinda dictates value based on what others are for sale and where they are relative to you. Seems like there are several nice gullwings for sale right now on the west coast, but that may not help you.

Engine specs play a huge role as well. Purpose built blower motor/pump set up? Or fairly stock deal with a blower bolted on it????

Appears to be a nice set up!!!

#10 · (Edited)
River Dad is pretty much an expert on jetboat values. I think he is spot on at 12-14k. That boat may be more appealing in the mid-west, but for us SoCal guys it has an acquired more dated taste.

As far as the engine, I don't see any aluminum heads, worked carbs, or anything that might constitute an extreme high value. I've been seeing 580-632's for $18-22k with 14/71, superchillers and done up heads and carbs.

#12 · (Edited)
From the pics, it looks like a nice setup. I have found that the availability of this style performance boat is more prevalent on the west coast for sure. Having said that, to find something similar near you might be difficult and will change value. I waited 2 years before I found a decent boat (5hrs away). I'm pretty sure I paid more than what it was worth but, Up until then, I was planning to either pay the extra to have something shipped from the west to the east coast or take a long ass road trip. Its becomes a personal value more than actual $$ value. I'm invested heavily in something that's not an investment......Story of my life. I'm rambling. Sorry. 12-15k sounds good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.