Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Done....
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the tittle says....need to find a in-expensive way to get a motor from Jefferson City, MO to California. Then...back.

Anyone know of a reasonable freight company, or any other options? Any help appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Like the tittle says....need to find a in-expensive way to get a motor from Jefferson City, MO to California. Then...back.

Anyone know of a reasonable freight company, or any other options? Any help appreciated thanks.
Try Dishong shipping out of Glendale, AZ. They travel coast to coast every week.

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
Hit up the shippingguy here on the boards I think he does motors for good prices.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cheap Shipping!!!

The only way to go is USHIP.COM...it works like ebay in reverse. You sign in post the item you have to ship and the time frame...Shipper's from all over will bid on your shipment. There are always deadheaded loads from all over the country. Someone will be going that way from your area and they will pick up and take to your destination. I did it with a 21' Schiada from Ohio to Fresno, Ca. for $900 hauled and wrapped! not towed! It was piggy backed on a Chris craft that was coming this direction already. Hope it helps. Shark

·
SLOW MEMBER
470 Posts
I ship vintage gas pumps all over the country. I have used many different shippers, and have found that unishippers is by far the cheapest. They set up everything, all you have to do is package it, and load it into the truck.

www.unishippers.com

·
Registered
285 Posts
Check with some local moving companies. If they're big enough they'll probably have a truck heading the direction you want it to go.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I have a really nice shipping container for big block chevy's from Scribner plastics. I used it to ship my latest motor from maine to ca. $150 plus shipping to destination. The container is over $300 new plus mounts inside the box to hold the motor in.

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
The only way to go is USHIP.COM...it works like ebay in reverse. You sign in post the item you have to ship and the time frame...Shipper's from all over will bid on your shipment. There are always deadheaded loads from all over the country. Someone will be going that way from your area and they will pick up and take to your destination. I did it with a 21' Schiada from Ohio to Fresno, Ca. for $900 hauled and wrapped! not towed! It was piggy backed on a Chris craft that was coming this direction already. Hope it helps. Shark
Difference here is you are looking for a specialty move. What he is looking for is standard LTL service. If I can be of help to you in the future let me know. The other problem wiht USHIP is that you are nromally dealing with brokers only and it can be come a headache if there is ever a claim, etc.

Mike
714-313-1235

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts

Nandi just wanted to say thank you for the business and I am glad eveything worked out for you. Let me know when the other motor is ready to go and I will handle that for you.

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts