Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short my employer has a little more work for me in Canada. So we've taken advantage of NAFTA--And I'm in B.C. Have a few cars in the U.S and furniture, etcetera. That are more important to move up to Canada over my boat (18ft 1977 Marlin SBC that needs a big block)! :)devil

Anyway, just seeing if have like minded jet peeps in B.C. Was looking on craigs, etcetera. Seeing if something reasonable priced for sale in B.C--simpler than bringing my current boat up. Not many offerings and what is well pretty high priced even after converting my U.S cash into CDN. :)sphss

Find your CDN Women extremely friendly, so a boat is a must.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Long story short my employer has a little more work for me in Canada. So we've taken advantage of NAFTA--And I'm in B.C. Have a few cars in the U.S and furniture, etcetera. That are more important to move up to Canada over my boat (18ft 1977 Marlin SBC that needs a big block)! :)devil

Anyway, just seeing if have like minded jet peeps in B.C. Was looking on craigs, etcetera. Seeing if something reasonable priced for sale in B.C--simpler than bringing my current boat up. Not many offerings and what is well pretty high priced even after converting my U.S cash into CDN. :)sphss

Find your CDN Women extremely friendly, so a boat is a must.
Im in the next province over and about all I can say is boaters are around up here, you just gotta look. yiou can also try joining fastboatscanada.com they have a forum too and Im pretty sure there are some BC guys on there. What area of BC you going to be in? I know there are alot of awesome rivers there and I know some guys with really sweet go fast tin boats(sold of few of them too) BC is gorgeous, if you like rain haha

Cheers

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be spending a few days a month near Kelowna. Living decided closer to Vancouver for entertainment, but far enough away that have semi country living. Abbotsford. Both area's have some good boating spots.

Noticed most of my new neighbor's have those aluminum jet boats for fishing, like these: http://www.duckworthboats.com/model-advantage_inboard_sportjet.html . Sunny most of the day today (Abbottsford) and then turned into rain.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i'm on pitt river every weekend
How close towards Abbotsford is that? My new house is near the Fraser River (I think) my street runs parallels it.

awesome rivers there and I know some guys with really sweet go fast tin boats(sold of few of them too)
Cheers
Outlaw Eagle? Those are sweet. Race tunnel looks sweet. Looking in my neighbors driveways you could sell a few of everything in B.C....

·
Registered
53 Posts
How close towards Abbotsford is that? My new house is near the Fraser River (I think) my street runs parallels it.
not that close, Pitt river meets up with the Fraser near the port mann bridge,

I'm in Burnaby and launch under the port mann its just a quick burn up river to pitt river and goose island, Abbotsford is about 45min to an hour away

·
Registered
417 Posts
jump over to skagenboats.com there are some BC guys on there.

·
Registered
418 Posts

Outlaw Eagle? Those are sweet. Race tunnel looks sweet. Looking in my neighbors driveways you could sell a few of everything in B.C....
Yep just quit there a few months ago. In fact the former partner lives in Kel, he has a high po 21 Sport but I dont know if hes even run it yet, and he works alot overseas etc

http://outlaweagle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1714

Cheers

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep just quit there a few months ago. In fact the former partner lives in Kel, he has a high po 21 Sport but I dont know if hes even run it yet, and he works alot overseas etc

http://outlaweagle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1714

Cheers
Was at U.S house and canceled net. Direct TV though will think I'm still living in the U.S full time! :)devil

I'll be spending about a week a month in Kel. Originally going to get house near Kel but decided closer to Van offers more entertainment value, olympics soon and nightlife! 19 to 20 year old girls at bars are scary friendly in Canada............. I'm 36 single and not accustomed to hot young girls trying too pick me up (Cougars yes, but not hot college chicks)................ Its kinda like working overseas, except I never want too leave.. Trying to figure out how to live and work here for the rest of my life----------------- Why anyone would want to work overseas and leave N. America and not use their hi po is freaking nuts! ;)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Was at U.S house and canceled net. Direct TV though will think I'm still living in the U.S full time! :)devil

I'll be spending about a week a month in Kel. Originally going to get house near Kel but decided closer to Van offers more entertainment value, olympics soon and nightlife! 19 to 20 year old girls at bars are scary friendly in Canada............. I'm 36 single and not accustomed to hot young girls trying too pick me up (Cougars yes, but not hot college chicks)................ Its kinda like working overseas, except I never want too leave.. Trying to figure out how to live and work here for the rest of my life----------------- Why anyone would want to work overseas and leave N. America and not use their hi po is freaking nuts! ;)
Sometime over the summer we should plan to meet up in the interior of BC and run some rivers with the tin can. Its on my list of things to do anyway.
Maybe a lil different from the type of jetboating your used to, but I guarantee it wont be boring hahaha

PM me your contact info

Cheers

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
Not sure what part, but this boat was on its way to Canada as of a few weeks ago. I never heard the back story as to how this dude ended up down here at the lake with us to buy it, but he was running the shit out of it while he was here, lol..... In the last few years, this boat was from Texas, went out to California, back down to Texas & now off to Canada. :)sphss

·
One part at a time...
463 Posts
Definately head up to Kelowna the weekend of August 8-9. They have the hydroplanes racing on Okanagan lake and there is ARCA west races on the 8th at Sunvalley speedway in Vernon which is close by. A buddy of mine is racing.

John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts