Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking a bunch of boats. Posting in the Jet, V-Drive & Outboard forums on this site. I have decided what type of boat I want.

Open bow, Jet drive. 18 to 21 foot.

I looked @ a Stingray w/ SBF power plant. It was cool. If the motor breaks, I can fix it cheap and myself. There is a big after market for SBF thanks to the mustang.

I am also thinking about biting the bullet and buying new. There are allot of good deals to be had. Brand new '09 - '10 leftovers marked 6k off & I have some cash saved.
If I go new, I am looking @ the Yamaha AR210 or the Seadoo Challenger 210 SE.

Anyone have one??
Anyone think I can do better??

·
Registered
246 Posts
2011-08-03_12-42-36_780.jpg

Rochelle Craft makes a cool BBF boat. Im working the kinks out on this one as we speak. The fuel pickup is fouling under higher engine loads ~3000rpm so we are cleaning and switching tanks. Its a pretty neat boat though

This picture is without the back seats and engine cover as we time the motor

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
What? I thought you wanted a performance boat? I could have swore you were looking at Daytona's and CP's?

·
Registered
829 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What? I thought you wanted a performance boat? I could have swore you were looking at Daytona's and CP's?
I was & I would love to have a boat that hauls ass. But the truth is, I need it to do more than look good and haul ass.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just a thought. If it is your first boat, the odds are you will want something different down the road. The next thing that will happen is you will want to go 5mph faster. Depending on your location, there are a lot of older boats in the 7-10K range with big block power that would be a good starting place. I would suggest starting there and once you have some time to decide what you want to do you can get a different boat or upgrade what you have once you decide what you want to do.

·
Head Janitor
690 Posts
If it was me, I'd get the Avenger that Wasted Income has fore sale here.

·
Distinguished Member
5,780 Posts
After looking a bunch of boats. Posting in the Jet, V-Drive & Outboard forums on this site. I have decided what type of boat I want.

Open bow, Jet drive. 18 to 21 foot.

I looked @ a Stingray w/ SBF power plant. It was cool. If the motor breaks, I can fix it cheap and myself. There is a big after market for SBF thanks to the mustang.

I am also thinking about biting the bullet and buying new. There are allot of good deals to be had. Brand new '09 - '10 leftovers marked 6k off & I have some cash saved.
If I go new, I am looking @ the Yamaha AR210 or the Seadoo Challenger 210 SE.

Anyone have one??
Anyone think I can do better??
Strongly suggest you buy used so you can spend some time using whatever you buy and make sure it suits your needs. If you buy a new Yam/Seadoo and find out it doesn't suit your needs after half a season, you'll take a big hit to get rid of it... I've always had flats, but if I was gonna go with a jet, it would have to be a Daytona style hull. Don't know squat about jets, but think they look pretty cool. Good luck....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Man, why would you want the Yamaha or Seadoo? What are your goals for the boat, like what do you plan on using the boat for and where do you typically boat? The style hulls that you are looking at perform WAY better with an I/O. I am a jet guy through and through, but if you are going with that much free board and deep "V" then you should look at prop drives (Fuel efficiency especially). Also, I know from experience how expensive those boats are if you have engine issues or want to look to add performance (which you surely will at some point). No doubt they are a nice overall package, that will operate flawlessly for a good amount of time. Just depends on what your are looking to get out of the boat....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Strongly suggest you buy used so you can spend some time using whatever you buy and make sure it suits your needs. If you buy a new Yam/Seadoo and find out it doesn't suit your needs after half a season, you'll take a big hit to get rid of it... I've always had flats, but if I was gonna go with a jet, it would have to be a Daytona style hull. Don't know squat about jets, but think they look pretty cool. Good luck....
X2

1 - 14 of 14 Posts