Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best mods for berkeley jet drives for a 460 hp big block its putting out 468 hp at 5200 and 470 tq at 4200 so my boat raps to 4200 at 56 mph that was in big white caps with the boat popping out several times. So I believe in good water itl be 60 to 62mph. The pump tag says it has an A impeller. Plan on p 51 heads or edlebrock schould put it close to 550 to 600 hp. Its a sleekcraft sst any pump sugestions as far as set back bowl work what ever would like to get 70 mph at least. Stock pump so far.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
[HR][/HR]
What are the best mods for berkeley jet drives for a 460 hp big block its putting out 468 hp at 5200 and 470 tq at 4200 so my boat raps to 4200 at 56 mph that was in big white caps with the boat popping out several times. So I believe in good water itl be 60 to 62mph. The pump tag says it has an A impeller. Plan on p 51 heads or edlebrock schould put it close to 550 to 600 hp. Its a sleekcraft sst any pump sugestions as far as set back bowl work what ever would like to get 70 mph at least. Stock pump so far.
Beyond a good operational jet drive , the single best bang for your buck ,you could add is adjusable jet trim it will not only help your low speed take off but help free the boat up to gain speed and control

http://www.jetboatperformance.biz/pages/place_diverter.html

·
Registered
417 Posts
i would recommend the p51 over the edlebrock, i went from a edlebrock 95cc head to the p51 72cc head and pick up 600rpm from 5200 to 5800 on a AA impeller.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re tom

[HR][/HR]

Beyond a good operational jet drive , the single best bang for your buck ,you could add is adjusable jet trim it will not only help your low speed take off but help free the boat up to gain speed and control

Jet Boat Performance, Place Diverter

Thanks for talking with me on the phone tom look forward to the parts hope they get here before the weekend so i can go see how much it helps. i mesured it was 104 inches from where i want the handle to the transom and need a floor mount. if i dont hear from you tonight,:) get your boat ready then worry about me on monday:) send pics of your boat. Thanks also to everyone for the advice:)hand

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gains from place

Ok here I go diving in with a little more$$ for the hot rod ordering my diverter Monday morning so now the new question is what kind of mph gains can one expect from adding a place and then what gains with a droop and a diverter? Just curious I'm feeling like xmas is comming early lol the wife gave the ok to drop the 650 so Toms hooking me up

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Thanks for talking with me on the phone tom look forward to the parts hope they get here before the weekend so i can go see how much it helps. i mesured it was 104 inches from where i want the handle to the transom and need a floor mount. if i dont hear from you tonight,:) get your boat ready then worry about me on monday:) send pics of your boat. Thanks also to everyone for the advice:)hand
Thanks , good to talk to you as well Brad ,please check your email !:)hand Tom

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ok here I go diving in with a little more$$ for the hot rod ordering my diverter Monday morning so now the new question is what kind of mph gains can one expect from adding a place and then what gains with a droop and a diverter? Just curious I'm feeling like xmas is comming early lol the wife gave the ok to drop the 650 so Toms hooking me up
I had a 19ft jetboat, heavy layup with a 454 and gained 9mph just bolting on the droop and divirter plus way better handeling .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts