Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently read about Holley jet extensions and notched floats. Seems like it would be a good application for a circle race setup.

Would appreciate feedback!

Ps (21'cruiser, gn, 468 blower, 1150 carbs)

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
You might already know this, but just in case you don't:

They are designed for the rear jets only in a drag race application. Do not try to put them on the front jests and I do not believe they are designed for sideways facing carbs.

I'm only telling you this because on another site I visit some one installed them on his primary jets.....big no, no.

Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover :D

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
Oh yeh, if Rumrunner doesn't see and respond to this give'm a shout.

He'd be da' carb dude of all carb dude's you'd see on a forum. :D

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Cyclone had me excited there for a second, I've been looking for a tapered carb spacer, to drop the front of my carb down(to level it out) but if I read that link right, that one not only tips forward, but also left to right.:mad:

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Cyclone had me excited there for a second, I've been looking for a tapered carb spacer, to drop the front of my carb down(to level it out) but if I read that link right, that one not only tips forward, but also left to right.:mad:
that one is angled toward the corner for turning left.

if you want an angled spacer you'll have to buy one and then have someone chuck it up in their mill and fix it for ya.

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
I'm not sure if I have liberty to say - he can - but put it this way they sell a very specific application refurbished dominator for $2900-$3200.00 each;)

Anyway - just believe me he knows his carbs and carb parts. And he's a great guy. That's all.

Always take my info with a grain of salt.....as you should everyone else's.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hil:)it's a circle racer with the carbs mounted sideways, so I say get em:D
So what happens to the fuel in the starboard bowls when making a 3G left hand turn?

It's probably hard to get a sense of that from the beach...;)

Ps. you had me laughing about reading too much. I really do!

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
think about this, are you really on the secondaries when in that 3G turn. And then put the carb on accordingly:D
Ya mean, I'm not supposed to be!!!!:)eh:)

Truthfully, I'm on the gas 100% in the turns. The problem is I can't hang in the straights!

We built the motor to live long enough to get me some seat time, and its done that. I may not be ready for the front row, but i'm in serious need of a step up, thus all the research on little do-dads to create incremental improvements. May be time for a paradigm shift.:|err

·
CarbGuy
80 Posts
Recently read about Holley jet extensions and notched floats. Seems like it would be a good application for a circle race setup.

Would appreciate feedback!

Ps (21'cruiser, gn, 468 blower, 1150 carbs)
Running dual 1150's you might be able to run Jet extension on the one side of the engine if you're running very tight courses basically closer to an actual circle. If you have any straightaways with any type of length you can run into a problem getting fuel into the carburetor running the extensions depending on the G-Force load you're running.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts