Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
PUMPED UP
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of having my jet polished before installing it in my new ride. it was previously powder coated. has anyone had one polished after the original powder coating? is it possible or will it look like sh*t?

steve

·
Registered
688 Posts
It'd be the same as any other polishing job. They'd grind it down smooth and polish. You can do the chrome powder coat or have it polished then get a clear powder coat on it. Either way it will turn out good

·
Registered
510 Posts
thinking of having my jet polished before installing it in my new ride. It was previously powder coated. Has anyone had one polished after the original powder coating? Is it possible or will it look like sh*t?

Steve
the saying goes if it don,t go-- chrome it..lol
jk
i would get it coated ..just my thought..

·
Registered
536 Posts
i have my droop,noozle,rev bucket, ceramic coated like polished aluminum,looks great & you don't have to polish it. just wipe it .did my intake man & valve covers too. low maintance ,tough,looks great

·
PUMPED UP
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have my droop,noozle,rev bucket, ceramic coated like polished aluminum,looks great & you don't have to polish it. just wipe it .did my intake man & valve covers too. low maintance ,tough,looks great
ceramic coated? in a color that they look like its been polished?

steve

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I'm with you took me years to convince my self .... less polish , less chrome , more seat and play time ,more free time I'm all about HPC and Powder coating my stuff !

·
PUMPED UP
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm with you took me years to convince my self .... less polish , less chrome , more seat and play time ,more free time I'm all about HPC and Powder coating my stuff !
HPC? what is that? my jet is currently soaking in stripper. Tom you once told me to try appliance epoxy. i did that on my hydro. turned out nice. was thinking of going that way with this one. as i sold the hydro i never got to see how it held up.

steve

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
HPC? what is that? my jet is currently soaking in stripper. Tom you once told me to try appliance epoxy. i did that on my hydro. turned out nice. was thinking of going that way with this one. as i sold the hydro i never got to see how it held up.

steve
Steve ,HPC = ceramic coating (headers) we use high quality epoxy paint from time to time when its not practicle to Powder coat

·
Registered
285 Posts

steve

I'm a fan. That stuff is durable as hell.

It's a factory finish from the PD cylinder back, everything forward is rattlecan appliance epoxy.

Attachments

·
Registered
688 Posts
You can check out at CAPS coating. They do a coating called cermachrome. Looks like polished aluminum and is pretty reasonably priced.

·
Registered
536 Posts
being that it's all apart ,I suggest you research a shoe & ride plate before you get your intake done. wish mine was out so I could get a shoe & plate .just sayin:happy:

·
PUMPED UP
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
being that it's all apart ,I suggest you research a shoe & ride plate before you get your intake done. wish mine was out so I could get a shoe & plate .just sayin:happy:
Ya. Unfortunately my intake is already cemented in. Just went thru my options on another thread. After my research so far if i dont want to take the pump completely apart I'm stuck with having it polished or epoxy. leaning towards epoxy right now. The pump was just rebuilt with all tolerances set. Can't see myself paying for that twice.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts