Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I hate wakeboard boats
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what water pressure my jet pump puts to the engine. I have a 21 Daytona with b1 pump. I am instaling a oil cooler and worried about water pressure too it. Maybe someone else has installed an oil cooler on a jet boat and can help me. Thanks in advance fo the help.

·
Prune-Picker
140 Posts
Does anyone know what water pressure my jet pump puts to the engine. I have a 21 Daytona with b1 pump. I am instaling a oil cooler and worried about water pressure too it. Maybe someone else has installed an oil cooler on a jet boat and can help me. Thanks in advance fo the help.
Why not ask b1 ??

Cs

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Enough to keep good flow to rid the motor of air pockets and no way for pressure to build up. I've been saying this for years. -08 inlet from the pump to the motor. -10 outlet from the stat housing overboard. Keep it simple.

Been running my 21 daytona with oil cooler for years. I have a regulator on my 19 daytona for the simple reason it has some pretty serious pressure coming from the pump when throwing the spurs to it. 25 lbs or less. I've logged it with my data to set it and never look back. Running a regulator in sandy water conditions will prove to be a pain because it will clog with sand. The 19 only sees the track so not too much to worry about it

·
I hate wakeboard boats
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, the oil cooler is rated to handle 30psi so I should be good then. I appreciate the help very much

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
Enough to keep good flow to rid the motor of air pockets and no way for pressure to build up. I've been saying this for years. -08 inlet from the pump to the motor. -10 outlet from the stat housing overboard. Keep it simple.

Been running my 21 daytona with oil cooler for years. I have a regulator on my 19 daytona for the simple reason it has some pretty serious pressure coming from the pump when throwing the spurs to it. 25 lbs or less. I've logged it with my data to set it and never look back. Running a regulator in sandy water conditions will prove to be a pain because it will clog with sand. The 19 only sees the track so not too much to worry about it
Brother-Magic1, follow what Widowmaker says, he knows his shit and has a really impressive 21..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts