Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Wetnreckless805 Olds 455
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reinstalled my olds 455 this weekend after total rebuild and started on new pluming...whats the opions out there on pressure relife valve?

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Tom...

I reinstalled my olds 455 this weekend after total rebuild and started on new pluming...whats the opions out there on pressure relife valve?
Go see Tom at Jetboatperformance, he's local to Paso.........BUT, IMHO, you don't need a pressure relief. Jetboats ran for decades without them, mine still do. If the intake and cylinder heads are properly sealed, and the "exit" side of the plumbing is adequate, it should "just work"......I run an Olds with wet logs and no other "dumps" without any "milky"oil issues... The only time I try to regulate the exit(s), is with wet headers and a bunch of overlap in the cam...Then I add a ball valve controlled extra "dump" hose to reduce water to the headers........Ray

·
Registered
541 Posts
Go see Tom at Jetboatperformance, he's local to Paso.........BUT, IMHO, you don't need a pressure relief. Jetboats ran for decades without them, mine still do. If the intake and cylinder heads are properly sealed, and the "exit" side of the plumbing is adequate, it should "just work"......I run an Olds with wet logs and no other "dumps" without any "milky"oil issues... The only time I try to regulate the exit(s), is with wet headers and a bunch of overlap in the cam...Then I add a ball valve controlled extra "dump" hose to reduce water to the headers........Ray
x2 i just run the next size up line on the exit side and have never had a problem with pressure

1 - 3 of 3 Posts