Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the difference in pumps? is it just the bowls only? or are the other difference's?

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
Not being an expert, I would have to say the way they flow water, the way the veins are set up & how restrictive they are. I would think intakes are more or less the same not counting shoes ride plates etc. All intakes channel water to the impeller getting it out fast/faster is what I think makes pumps different. Suck and Blow

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lets try this again. what is the difference in a jc & jg pump?.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so the pumps themself's are the same, just the bowls are different then.

·
Registered
546 Posts
debatable by application, however the split bowl,or two piece, will allow you to run optional equipment, ie a droop snoot a straight snoot and or thrust angle changing wedges. and also a rooster booster which i beleive is out of production are some of the attachments that come to mind.

·
oldsmopile equipped
702 Posts
It has been sugested that the c bowl MAY flow a wee bit better.
If you look at the two, the c's veins go almost to the nozzle. with a g, because of the split the veins stop closer to the impeller. so what I have read is the water slows in that area and then re accelerates in the nozzle, killing a bit of efficiency.
Ive always herd a c bowl is better to about 500hp.

·
oldsmopile equipped
702 Posts
Hmmmmm I run a droop and a diverter, I didn't think either was possible with a stock c bowl. I could be wrong, but I sure can't picture it ...
you cant BOLT anything to a c bowl, but look at the end of your droop... its just like the end of a c bowl. the only accessory you CAN put on a c is a diverter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts