Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
drink the ugly away
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i am starting a resto build on my boat and am hoping to put a honda/acura tl type s motor in it. wondering if there are any members on the site that run a honda,nissan maybe toyota or mazda in their jets and the diffaculty in the install/fab, maybe some pics

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Try the "On the Dyno" section of the forums, as well. There are a lot of very knowledgeable guys that hang out over there, they might be able to give you a straight answer to this.

Good luck.:)hand

·
Registered
433 Posts
you would really need to know your sh!t before putting that engine in a boat. unless you have the know-how for all the computer/o2 and tuning it could be a living hell. the mazda 13b is relatively easy to work with and has been transplanted into countless cars and even some boats. also, the engine can be readily found on the cheap :D. keep it nice and rich 300-500hp is done often. maybe that's a good start.

·
Just Me
4,059 Posts
That's been done many times by the unlimited hydro guys. You just have to go back a few decades. :)
If you never had the chance to hear a full field of unlimiteds running the V-12s, I feel sorry for you. Especially when you line them up and they are headed for that flying start, man i miss hearing that. That had to be the sweetest sound in the world.

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
I would go with a 13B twin turbo. Lightweight, and can spin that bitch upwards of 12,000 rpm all day long. Couple that to a C cut... Zoom zoom.

·
Steady Rollin
1,107 Posts
Why go with a 13b when you can rock a 20b. You wont have to run it on the ragged edge since you'll have that extra rotor.

·
Upstanding Member
12,708 Posts
If you never had the chance to hear a full field of unlimiteds running the V-12s, I feel sorry for you. Especially when you line them up and they are headed for that flying start, man i miss hearing that. That had to be the sweetest sound in the world.
I saw them as a kid many times. Good stuff! :))THumbsUp

·
Lurker
1,417 Posts
That was cool!!
I remember that was all you could watch (all 3 tv channels showing it) during Seafair weekend.:)devil
Bill Muncie and the Atlas Van Lines rules the waters, damn I'm getting old!!:|err

·
SOUTHERN HOATBOATER
46 Posts
Fellows I Am Your Import Man -- If U Need Anything Or Any Info On An Import Eng. I Should Be Able To Answer. I Run A Import Salvage Yard Here In Nc. There Is A Video Of A Twin Trb Nissan/infinity V8 Engine In A Jet Floating Around Somewhere On The Net. Seriously Any Questions Let Me Know!!!!

Steve Kistler
1-800-522-4787 8-6pm M-f

·
The Grand Wizard
2,912 Posts
I would put a VG30DE-TT in it, not too hard to find and will make 500hp with more boost and bigger injectors. :)

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
That was cool!!
I remember that was all you could watch (all 3 tv channels showing it) during Seafair weekend.:)devil
Bill Muncie and the Atlas Van Lines rules the waters, damn I'm getting old!!:|err
Muncey, his youngest son Edward and ex-wife Fran are good friends of mine.
The starts were great ,but when they hit the apex of the turn and hit the nitrous you could hear them roar from the other end of the race course and in San Diego that's about a 1.25 miles away. Those V-12's that were designed to turn 2,000 rpms were spinning 4,500... boy I miss that.

Sleeper CP :D

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
i am starting a resto build on my boat and am hoping to put a honda/acura tl type s motor in it. wondering if there are any members on the site that run a honda,nissan maybe toyota or mazda in their jets and the diffaculty in the install/fab, maybe some pics
Try to find a Skyline engine or a turbo Mazda, but a turbo Skyline engine would be bad ass. 900+ hp and nearly bullet proof but you'll need a laptop.

Sleeper CP :D

1 - 20 of 71 Posts