Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2nd Annual LOUD-N-TASTY Boat Drags Event kicks off Friday
June 29, 2012 with a welcome party and boat show.

Saturday June 30, 2012 early morning test-tune-time trials & 12PM Racing.

There will be Bands BBQ Fireworks Boat Drags and Bikini Contest just as
in 2011.

This is a great venue. Camp right next to the lake. Boat ramp is 50 ft from
your campsite. More info with new flyer to be posted soon.

This is on Little Wall Lake in Jewell IOWA.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I belive some of us Michigan guys are going. Me and Tony was talking about this the other day.

·
A legend to the DNR
1,166 Posts
I think Jocko is secretly gearing up for this event as well. Oh I didn't say that did I :shhh: lets just say a few new boats are showing up this year for sure.:)devil

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
I belive some of us Michigan guys are going. Me and Tony was talking about this the other day.
Tried to get some of you goofballs to go last year. No excusses for bad water, as the lake is shut down for the weekend. Camping is on the water like Brower, and a much nicer facility.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
2nd Annual LOUD-N-TASTY Boat Drags Event kicks off Friday
June 29, 2012 with a welcome party and boat show.

Saturday June 30, 2012 early morning test-tune-time trials & 12PM Racing.

There will be Bands BBQ Fireworks Boat Drags and Bikini Contest just as
in 2011.

This is a great venue. Camp right next to the lake. Boat ramp is 50 ft from
your campsite. More info with new flyer to be posted soon.

This is on Little Wall Lake in Jewell IOWA.
Tune them up, it's just a few weeks out!

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Bring your fast lake boat or all out drag racing boat to Jewell,IA for a weekend of fun.

Jets V Drives Outboards and IOs welcome to race full 1/4 mile drag course. All brackets are in 10mph increments per top mph. Races are very close..photo finish type of close racing.

Live Bands BBQ Boat Drags Bikini Contest Fireworks and camp next to your boat just a few feet from the water!

Come over Friday night $25 to race and includes Race T-Shirt and free admission to bands.

$2.00 general admission. Come watch..get a tan and party with the best of them! Over 6,000 in attendance at last years event.

Call 515-984-6022 for details

Bench Racing Nightly :gathering:

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
I spoke to one of the organizers tonight, Lots of Hyrdo's coming, lots of flatbottoms, a few more jets, and lots of outboards. Lots of interest for this, at last weeks Wheatland MO. Lucas event. Plan accordingly, lots of traffic expected for this event.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
$10 First round buy backs, if you fall asleep at the start! :duh: Lots of boats expected, Lake racer I, II, III, IV, and Unlimited.

The Lake is closed 9AM to 6PM to all pleasurecraft, and will be restricted to RACE Use Only.
Show and shine friday night, with parade of boats.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Post pictures please. Talked to somebody about this race when I was in wheatland. Sounded like a kick in the pants!

·
SLOW MEMBER
470 Posts
We will be leaving tomorrow. I will be bringing my cp tunnel and one of my buddies is bringing a hydrostream. See you there!

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Slowboy, great meeting you in person, that CP tunnel is a runner. Two great days of bench racing talk, and racing. Lots of cool hardware there, although many were broken, an did not make it to the WALL.. Menominee Wisconsin should see more boats as we get in season. Thanks for the in/out at the launch ramp, that jeep is the kats azz for retrieval, and launch. Waiting for some video to surface, there are great shots of the race, probly some 250 or so photos from the finishline boat, snaping shots of the entire run.

·
SLOW MEMBER
470 Posts
Slowboy, great meeting you in person, that CP tunnel is a runner. Two great days of bench racing talk, and racing. Lots of cool hardware there, although many were broken, an did not make it to the WALL.. Menominee Wisconsin should see more boats as we get in season. Thanks for the in/out at the launch ramp, that jeep is the kats azz for retrieval, and launch. Waiting for some video to surface, there are great shots of the race, probly some 250 or so photos from the finishline boat, snaping shots of the entire run.
We had a good time. Thanks for letting us invade your camping space! Not sure if we are going to the Menominee race or not, lots of other things going on as well. I am sure we will hook up again, you guys are great people!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts