Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CHET EMAIL.jpg

This a large event. Classic rock bands, parade, custom car show, bikini team, boat drags, tlc pitmaster moe cason headlining bbq competition with smoked ribs and brisket, beer gardens, and fireworks extravaganza!!!

Bring your boat for the friday night welcome party and boat show. Time trials saturday morning. Racing all afternoon in five classes. Check out the days activities!! Bring family and friends for a wild weekend.

"Toaster" the band from des moines, and "Round a Bout" classic rock band to rock the event into the evening! Enjoy fireworks under the stars, and camp on site with power and water hookups. Do not miss this event!

Check out more info to come at umpba.org

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks Matt

Thank you for all your hard work getting this event up and running. This will be our first race of the season and it will be a blast. If you go to our website there is more information on nearby hotels. I think a lot of us MN racers are planing on using the campground right there on the lake. That way we can take full advantage of the beer garden without the need to drive after.

If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me through a PM or at [email protected]

Chet Olson umpba VP

Upper Midwest Power Boat Association - Home

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here is our site Upper Midwest Power Boat Association - Home

Our race schedule:
Jewell, IA
June 11th 2011

Hanska, MN
June 18th 2011

Omaha, NE
July 23rd 2011

Fairmont, MN
August 13th 2011

If there are any questions feel free to ask here or send me a PM. Now let's hope the ice drops soon

There is another thread in the mideast section http://www.performanceboats.com/mideast-great-lakes/84487-umpba-thread.html

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We now have three bands on Saturday (classic rock) and one band Friday night

Friday evening there is a welcome party with BBQ, boat show, street dance, beer gardens and a live band under a huge tent downtown including fireworks on Jewell's Main Street. This is about 2 miles from the lake. If you're bringing a boat and would like to show it Friday night....set up camp at the lake then we'll bring them on in. We'll have everything..flattys, hydros, jets, outboards and IO's......so bring it and have fun!!! There is a lot excitement about this event.....for many great reasons!!! FREE ADMISSION so bring your friends and family!:D AGAIN..DON'T HESITATE...HOOK IT UP AND BRING IT!! THIS WILL BE ONE FANTASTIC WEEKEND TO REMEMBER!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
We went down and met with Matt last weekend and checked the site out. Everything is going as planes, the race site is great as is the town for friday nights registration and boat show.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Friday night

Well we made it to Jewell, but we were really late. Took a few pics of the boats that were still there. Weather was kinda crappy, but tomorrow is supposed to be nice.

Enjoy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good pictures. I was inside all night doing registration then I had to high tail it back to the campgrounds to finish putting the motor back together.

·
Registered
14 Posts
pics

I've got a crap load more from Saturday, just haven't had a chance to upload them yet. Plan on getting that started here in a few minutes.

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
First....nice job on the pics! Sure was sorry I couldn't make this event, but we had a family emergency (put down our dog). Now I have no idea how the race results shook out, but it sure looks like my fellow car motor boats spent more time at the end of a rope or on the trailer. There was not one pic without an outboard out front. Is this actually true, or is it just that there's no pics of any v-drive running at top end speed? Please, say it ain't so! LOL. (I'm already looking for a Cole/Hondo/Canyon runner bottom for next season :D )
See ya tomorrow at Hanska, MN. Jocko

BTW, here's my old boat now in SoCal:(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
OK, I take it back. I hadn't looked at the video's. Looks like Greg's flat ran pretty strong in that first video. So how did all those other blown flats & hydro's do? Jocko

1 - 19 of 19 Posts