Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nothing to see here, move along

In the interest of the Comp Jet class, and circle boat racing in general, I've deleted my original post. My apologies to the CJ racing community and anyone whose feathers got (or get) ruffled. Go work on your boats, Parker is less than 3 weeks out.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Im sensing some sarcasm in the thread, but hell knows I've seen Jim pushing this 10 times more than everyone else combined. I know it was a group effort, but Congrats are in order for being recognized. Rock on, Jim.:)devil

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Ya think?
:)sphss
Really? BTW, what did it say prior to the edit?

I would guess any "advertisement" (brainfart/lack of a better word) would be better than none for the little known sport of jet boats racing in circles regardless of whom the credit was given to but what the hell do I know. :)sphss

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
Persoanally I think this is credit going where credit is long over due. There have been others who have tried to take this from Jim, but regardless of the how's or why's, Jim was the one responsible for getting this class going in the direction it's gone, and gotten to today. Like him or not, agree with his methods or not, this is his baby.:)hand

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would guess any "advertisement" (brainfart/lack of a better word) would be better than none for the little known sport of jet boats racing in circles regardless of whom the credit was given to . :)sphss
I completely agree with you on this point Rod. :)hand

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Pleased to see this info "cause" I had thought and had been told that Al Gore had been responsible for this undertaking while inventing the internet :D ! Congratulations on your contributions and efforts to the sport Jim and Donna ! JBP

·
JRPM/e-PerformanceMarine
2,034 Posts
It would be something that APBA would have to sign off on. I really don't see it happening anytime soon. But Roger Finny and I have talked about it a bit. Not sure where it will go, most likely it will be an enclosed cockpit class if it happend.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Capsuled K-jet class? Sounds good to me anyone want to open their wallets so we can build them? The design is about done on the computer.

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
Setting the record straight.

I was told not to respond to this thread, but J just couldnt take it anymore. Its apparent the word on the streets needs to be corrected.

Many of you dont know what has gone behind the scenes of compjet. there is a lot of people more involved and have put in much more positive forward moving progress into this class then jim.

The article itself was written by Jim and/or his wife Donna...He never mentioned it to anyone in the class that he was writing this article. The general consensis of everyone in the class is that everyone is outraged about this article he wrote. he in no right had to publicly speak for the class and claim the title of solely bringing back compjet.

This article which was posted in Propeller Magazine was a direct backstab to the entire class. It should have never even been published without someone elses aknowledgement.

Jim - you should be ashamed of yourself and you owe the entire class an apology.

Everyone else - please understand there are many more people involved in compjet then just Jim. There is many others who deserve as much if not more recognition for all the time, money and hard work that has been put into bringing this class back to life in a national APBA status. There was countless hours spent at SCSC meetings to work with the local APBA region to get the class on map. Lots of money put into promotions, lots of time spent promoting the class on the streets and on the internet, and the hard work that went into making sure that the class was assembled on race day so everyone was on the same page. There is now a 3 person comittee (Terry Valore, Ralph Brunt, and Harold Bruce Sr) that has been assembled that works hard to drive this class in the direction it needs to continue in.

Lastly, there is a new website going live shortly: www.compjetracing.com

Thank you.

-Brad Martin

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
I was told not to respond to this thread, but J just couldnt take it anymore. Its apparent the word on the streets needs to be corrected.

Many of you dont know what has gone behind the scenes of compjet. there is a lot of people more involved and have put in much more positive forward moving progress into this class then jim.

The article itself was written by Jim and/or his wife Donna...He never mentioned it to anyone in the class that he was writing this article. The general consensis of everyone in the class is that everyone is outraged about this article he wrote. he in no right had to publicly speak for the class and claim the title of solely bringing back compjet.

This article which was posted in Propeller Magazine was a direct backstab to the entire class. It should have never even been published without someone elses aknowledgement.

Jim - you should be ashamed of yourself and you owe the entire class an apology.

Everyone else - please understand there are many more people involved in compjet then just Jim. There is many others who deserve as much if not more recognition for all the time, money and hard work that has been put into bringing this class back to life in a national APBA status. There was countless hours spent at SCSC meetings to work with the local APBA region to get the class on map. Lots of money put into promotions, lots of time spent promoting the class on the streets and on the internet, and the hard work that went into making sure that the class was assembled on race day so everyone was on the same page. There is now a 3 person comittee (Terry Valore, Ralph Brunt, and Harold Bruce Sr) that has been assembled that works hard to drive this class in the direction it needs to continue in.

Lastly, there is a new website going live shortly: www.compjetracing.com

Thank you.

-Brad Martin
This isnt my fight, but C'mon Brad, Jim was doing this long before you even started coming around the jet boat scene.Give alittle credit to Jim. If it wasnt for him you may have turned into a drag *** as it's called. My family was involved with stuff way before I got into it. I agree that you did alot of behind the scenes work and should receive some credit as well for all you have done for the sport. But Jim has done alot for the sport in his own way(and I don't agree with some of his ways ) but It is what it is and everyone should move forward and just let the BS die. You guys should work on positive steps forward for the sport, not bitch at eachother on the internet!!!

Just my .02

Tim

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
This isnt my fight, but C'mon Brad, Jim was doing this long before you even started coming around the jet boat scene.Give alittle credit to Jim. If it wasnt for him you may have turned into a drag *** as it's called. My family was involved with stuff way before I got into it. I agree that you did alot of behind the scenes work and should receive some credit as well for all you have done for the sport. But Jim has done alot for the sport in his own way(and I don't agree with some of his ways ) but It is what it is and everyone should move forward and just let the BS die. You guys should work on positive steps forward for the sport, not bitch at eachother on the internet!!!

Just my .02

Tim

my post wasnt about me and him and who was first.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Sure sounded like it was coming from that location,...but then again, i guess my understanding of the both of you guys have a hard on for each other, and one side will not like what the other is saying!
If one of you could grow up a little, the both of you might have something to offer your sport with some weight behind yas!
The fact that you guys act like lil girls toward each other make me not want to be involved with jets going in circles anyway!
Its been said before, there are a whole lot more people that watch these forums, imagine who these people are for a minute! lol
Todd
Good luck with Circle jet boat racing Jim and Brad!

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Where is Ralph Brunt? Look the showing wasnt that great in Comp Jet why dont you guys work together And help the club out. i have no idea who anyone is but when i go to a boat race i always appreciate someone trying to participate either fast or slow.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts