Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Don't know of Jim but my condolences to the family. Way to much bad news this past weekend.:(

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Man not a good weekend!! We send our thoughts and prayers to friends and family!!! Sorry to hear this!!

·
V-Drive
283 Posts
God Speed to Boat PE# 457 Jim Tucker .

Our thoughts and prayers are with you .

I seen him run several races , but did not know him .

Some one said it went airborn at the finish line and then nosed in. ??

·
Break Out Another Thousnd
2,003 Posts
So very sad to hear of this. Our thoughts & prayers go out to his family and friends. Where was this at?

·
adjones419
975 Posts
Where was this at?
Creve Coeur Lake in St. Louis, MO. I just saw Jim on Friday evening when I stopped by the track to make the rounds, but then I had to leave Saturday morning to attend a wedding. He always had a smile on his face, and his boat was absolutely beautiful. He drove up to our New Athens, IL race last year from Texas only to run a 7.20-something. Since that was his second pass under the 7.70 mark during the season, he was DQ'd from eliminations but stuck around for the weekend to make some exhibition passes and hang out. He was a great guy who will be missed.

·
Hard Core Member
196 Posts
I saw his last pass from just past the starting line. The engine sounded rough and the boat didn't take a good set. It was rocking from side to side a bit. I could not see through the spray but it just disappeared in a split second. I was told that it hopped and hooked a sponson and went over. The rescue boat was right there and grabbed him immediately. When they brought him up the ramp it was not a sight I want to ever see again. Not sure if he was still alive at that point. Everyone was very shook up but we ran another round of qualifying and raced on Sunday. The tributes and donations of prize money were heartwarming to see, but my enthusiasm for this sport is not what it was before. I hope everyone remembers that even with all safety gear and perfect conditions, anything can happen.
STAY SAFE
DJ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.