Performance Boats Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Really on the fence about selling this STUNNING K boat, however.......here it is! There are so many details and recent build information on this boat, so I've attached the link below to Pat Minegar's original ad from when I bought the boat. This boat will come complete (less power) with the following:

- Custom built (powdercoated) dolley trailer that is absolutely roadworthy. I've pulled it over 5K miles cross-country. Just installed 4 NEW tires on it.
- Custom built towing cover with inner terrycloth liner. Fits tight and is clearcoat friendly!
- Complete rigging, including solid (greek couplers) driveline, motor plates, battery, seats, gas tank, etc.
- Complete cav-plate air-assist system, including onboard tank (mounts to cylinder head) and large scuba air tank with special fill valve.

All that will be needed is a BBC to power you and you're on the water! The asking price 0f $17,500 is considerably less than 1/2 of the cost to build one of these. Any of you guys considering building one of the several project B-boats available currently should seriously do a complete cost estimate. This boat will be less expensive. No low-ballers please!
I will answer any questions about the boat on this thread, however any discussion regarding price will be done by PM or on the phone. Thanks.....Jocko

Note: Delivery available to the Midwest in late June for fuel cost only.

Click on this link:
http://www.performanceboats.com/boats-sale/147482-1981-kelron-spitfire-circle-boat.html

Attachments

·
a.k.a WHIPLASH #180
1,099 Posts
dude!....... can't believe your selling it !!! are you related to Mouzer by chance???

·
Registered
19,800 Posts
:duh:..................................:)Unsure

·
Registered
790 Posts
Spitfire

So if I am reading your add correctly, it's available as pictured without seats, steering wheel and fuel tank. And motor of course. I don't even want to know what Pat paid Mike to get this boat done up this nice. Maybe Lolyfe had a hand in it as well. I would love to have this in my stable. This is a GREAT Value for an Awesome Boat. Just plug in a motor and go play. GLWTS.:)devil

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So if I am reading your add correctly, it's available as pictured without seats, steering wheel and fuel tank. And motor of course. I don't even want to know what Pat paid Mike to get this boat done up this nice. Maybe Lolyfe had a hand in it as well. I would love to have this in my stable. This is a GREAT Value for an Awesome Boat. Just plug in a motor and go play. GLWTS.:)devil
No, that pic with the motor out is an old pic from Pat during the build. I don't have any pics of it COMPLETE less motor. The boat comes of course with seats, steering wheel (lol!), fuel tank, etc. ALL you need is a motor! Jocko

·
Registered
790 Posts
Clarification on Spitfire Ad.

Thanks Jocko, That does clear it up a little but a picture is worth a 1000 words and gives us prospective buyers(drool is dripping from my mouth right now) a visual of how she looks with your motor removed. Please post a current picture if you have one. Thanks in advance.:wink2:

·
Some guy
3,615 Posts
No, that pic with the motor out is an old pic from Pat during the build. I don't have any pics of it COMPLETE less motor. The boat comes of course with seats, steering wheel (lol!), fuel tank, etc. ALL you need is a motor! Jocko
Thanks Jocko, That does clear it up a little but a picture is worth a 1000 words and gives us prospective buyers(drool is dripping from my mouth right now) a visual of how she looks with your motor removed. Please post a current picture if you have one. Thanks in advance.:wink2:
He already mentioned that he does not have one. I am sure he will wait until the sale to pull the engine.

·
Lookout I'm Crankin it Baby
6,576 Posts
I can tell you this...the paint and glass work was more then the price he is asking less motor...I capped that boat in carbon fiber...and the bottom was completely done with plates remounted and flush as they should be...we also softened the chines up a bit with a 45 degree bevel..little less edgy while turning...and I blocked the bottom by hand with a 30" block...the fricken sandpaper is 5 bucks a sheet...so the bottom line to this post.....it's dirt cheap..

let me rephrase the I in cap job...WE capped the boat in carbon...lol..

·
Registered
790 Posts
Oops.

Hey Jocko, I must have read past the part about you not having any pictures of it as listed. No worries. I'm behind on my own projects and am not a player in buying that beautiful boat.(Although I would be money ahead if I just bought it) I've seen it up close and personal plenty of times and I will emphasize that it is extremely well built and every detail was well thought out. GLSTS. As always, top notch work there RCL.:yes:

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can tell you this...the paint and glass work was more then the price he is asking less motor...I capped that boat in carbon fiber...and the bottom was completely done with plates remounted and flush as they should be...we also softened the chines up a bit with a 45 degree bevel..little less edgy while turning...and I blocked the bottom by hand with a 30" block...the fricken sandpaper is 5 bucks a sheet...so the bottom line to this post.....it's dirt cheap..let me rephrase the I in cap job...WE capped the boat in carbon...lol..
Mike, thanks for supplementing the build info. You should definitely be proud to have your signature on this one of a kind boat. Jocko

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Say it ain't so Dave! That is one beautiful boat. I could not part with it if it was mine! Good luck with the sale. Do you want to buy my Hondo Runner to put that motor in?
chris

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.