Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one that thinks guy is wrongfully receiving praise and accolades? This guy knew about one of his coaches molesting little boys and didn't say anything. Where is the good in that? He covered it up and went about his business now he is a "victim"? Give me a break. I don't care if he coached 80 seasons of undefeated football, he covered up for a child molester charged with 40 counts. :))ThumbsDwn

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
He's just as quilty IMO. Even though he wasnt an eye witness to what was going on, the lack of action basically makes him an enabler.

I hate it, I was a Joe Pa fan. Had alot of respect for him as a coach.

·
Seriously off center
2,440 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks guy is wrongfully receiving praise and accolades? This guy knew about one of his coaches molesting little boys and didn't say anything. Where is the good in that? He covered it up and went about his business now he is a "victim"? Give me a break. I don't care if he coached 80 seasons of undefeated football, he covered up for a child molester charged with 40 counts. :))ThumbsDwn
When he was informed of it, he immediately informed his superior. Amazing how everyone has formed an opinion without having read the facts.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Great coach...sure.

But he failed to report to the police as did everyone else that knew. Instead they decided to protect the school and football program rather than the kids. As far as I'm concerned they enabled this molester and that makes them as just guilty. Much like the Catholic church.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
How does the coach that walked in and saw the poor boy being abused keep his job. Why didn't he stop what was going on and call the police right then. Somethings wrong with the whole deal.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
When he was informed of it, he immediately informed his superior. Amazing how everyone has formed an opinion without having read the facts.
But when they did not report it to the police he should have. It's not like the guy stole a piece of equipment. He MOLESTED a CHILD! What if it was your kid that was molested and you knew that 5 or 6 adults knew and none of them called the police?

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
slowride:1524299 said:
What the hell is his superior going to do?? POLICE is who you call on this kind of deal man!! You tell your superior if the dude is sniffin dirty jock straps or something.

If i saw one of my co workers or heard of a co worker raping a 10 yr old child at my place of buisiness, its no longer a function of "management" to correct it.

C'MON man!

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
No you are not the only one.

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And where did that get him. This not a work issue, this is a moral and legal issue. Facts are facts.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Great coach...sure.

But he failed to report to the police as did everyone else that knew. Instead they decided to protect the school and football program rather than the kids. As far as I'm concerned they enabled this molester and that makes them as just guilty. Much like the Catholic church.
Right on !!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
Im pretty sure they did report to it to the campus police from what Ive been hearing, they failed to do anything. And the
campus police is the city police. I think its all coming out now.

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Campus police! LOL.

There was ONE correct move which involved 3 steps. Tell Sundusky he is relieved of his duties immediately, Call the "real police" and clear his name of any of it. Paterno is one step above Sandusky in the guilty category.
What would any of you do if one of the kids was yours and Paterno knew about it?

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
I guess he was arrested in 1998 for the same thing, molesting kids in the showers and the campus police took it to the
DA and they declined to prosecute. thats when he retired but I guess maintained an office there or something. I think theres
going to be more arrest and a lot more to come on this, this is only beginning .... This is one major cover up by a lot of people
on that campus and town.
btw, Sandusky was aquitted even though he admitted being naked in the showers with a 8 yr old boy and hugging him, as he put it.

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
Been following the whole thing pretty close. Everybody has an opinion and such is life. Ultimately, being Joe Paterno, the case of telling one's boss and then being afraid to check in on the follow up or go around your boss doesn't work when you're Joe. In other words.....In most jobs, if somebody comes to you and you tell your boss, to then go around your boss will get your fired if you didn't like the way your boss handled it. When you're Joe, that doesn't apply. He was the end all at PSU.

At the same time, if you go to the proper authorities, the campus police ARE the police at Penn State, and nothing came of it, you would have expected them to do thier investigation and to have determined that nothing should come from it seeing that nothing did.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

·
Registered
208 Posts
All they cared about was protecting their school. Look at what it got them. They all should go to jail. Judgement day will come for all of them. I really feel bad for all the students and athletes.

·
Registered
982 Posts
The whole damn bunch of them need to go to prison and be put in general population.The inmates will handle it,then they will see how the kids felt.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Whatever we do, there can be no trial, because it will be too hard on the kids. :deadhorsejz2:

Just line them up against the wall in the quad, and let a bunch of little kids shoot them with 22s. Do it "Survivor" style, where they shoot one at a time, and making them wait in terror for the next turn. That way it will take many shots to get it done, and take quite a while. They can televise it and get lots of ad revenue.:stir:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I guess he was arrested in 1998 for the same thing, molesting kids in the showers and the campus police took it to the
DA and they declined to prosecute. thats when he retired but I guess maintained an office there or something. I think theres
going to be more arrest and a lot more to come on this, this is only beginning .... This is one major cover up by a lot of people
on that campus and town.
btw, Sandusky was aquitted even though he admitted being naked in the showers with a 8 yr old boy and hugging him, as he put it.
Not quite the facts??? First Sandman was never "arrested" and with that was never "aquitted". The incident/investigation your speaking about was another and not the one with the witness in the shower. The one out of the 8 your talking about was the mother of a child confronting Sandman and going to the campus p.d, who gave it to the D.A who never filed. ( And btw has been missing since 05?). Read the 23 page transcript and you will find its obvious what this guys m.o was. The worst thing is this shit goes on way more than people think in our society and maybe this will make more people aware of what their morale duty is when confronted with dicey situations.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I with you Tony!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Whatever we do, there can be no trial, because it will be too hard on the kids. :deadhorsejz2:

Just line them up against the wall in the quad, and let a bunch of little kids shoot them with 22s. Do it "Survivor" style, where they shoot one at a time, and making them wait in terror for the next turn. That way it will take many shots to get it done, and take quite a while. They can televise it and get lots of ad revenue.:stir:

Right on..........then rot in Hell forever!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts