Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember a friend of ours that raced with the Grose racing clan. His name was Joe Spencer and he was one of the nicest people you could ever be fortunate to meet. He was always upbeat and and making everyone laugh. Joe was very soft spoken and he was one of the longest surviving double lung transplantees. Today Joe lost his battle with the complications due to the lung transplants. He drove the truck and trailer down to Elsinore this past weekend inspite of not feeling very well. As usual, he didnt let anyone know he was not doing well. In the 10 years I have known Joe I never once heard him complain about ANYTHING! He lived in constant pain but you would never know it. He just went on making people laugh. He was a great father to two little girls. Joe was a racer through and through. His first flatbottom he raced at Chowchilla and upon returning home from the race, he had his boat stolen. Joe bounced back and got a new Ron Grose hull and got back in the seat. His trademark was his helmet always getting ripped up high on his head. From all of us at the shop Joe, we will miss you.

Tony Scarlata.

·
The member
3,244 Posts
I met Joe this past week at Joeys shop, seemed like a great guy. Im sitting here writing this pissed off! To the Spencer family im very sorry for your loss.
I don't have the words........

·
Registered
529 Posts
This is hardest thing I have ever had to write on the boards. Joe was a great freind. I worked with him at joeys shop for over 3 years. Tony said it perfect, He did always make you laugh and would give you the shirt off his back. Whispers ( as my dad called joe )will be deeply missed by all of us that knew him!!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
tony when you text me yesterday i was lost for words joe was a genuine guy and for sure the nicest person you could ever know sorry to here the news i hope his family will be ok he will be missed by alot of people

·
Pride & Promise
513 Posts
Very sorry to hear this. His family and friends will be in my thoughts and prayers. May he continue to live on in remembering the fun times and great memories.

May he Rest In Peace now
My deepest condolences,
Cookie

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm at a loss. I only knew Joe a short period of time, but the first time I met him at Ron's shop it was like the old saying "Meeting an old friend" We will keep Joe's family in our thoughts and prayers.
STEVE

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
This is very sad news. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Some of you may remember a friend of ours that raced with the Grose racing clan. His name was Joe Spencer and he was one of the nicest people you could ever be fortunate to meet. He was always upbeat and and making everyone laugh. Joe was very soft spoken and he was one of the longest surviving double lung transplantees. Today Joe lost his battle with the complications due to the lung transplants. He drove the truck and trailer down to Elsinore this past weekend inspite of not feeling very well. As usual, he didnt let anyone know he was not doing well. In the 10 years I have known Joe I never once heard him complain about ANYTHING! He lived in constant pain but you would never know it. He just went on making people laugh. He was a great father to two little girls. Joe was a racer through and through. His first flatbottom he raced at Chowchilla and upon returning home from the race, he had his boat stolen. Joe bounced back and got a new Ron Grose hull and got back in the seat. His trademark was his helmet always getting ripped up high on his head. From all of us at the shop Joe, we will miss you.

Tony Scarlata.

Everything Tony said... plus! I saw him this weekend at the races and never would have thought there was a problem. What a great guy...going to miss him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts