Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
congrats jy.

we've had our dog for about 6 years. got him when he was just a pup. we took the time to train him to do tricks and to go to the bathroom outside.

probably the best dog i have ever had. you'll have a great time with it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
hahaha... sooo cute... just born huh? So are you in a waiting period like us? I'm assuming this because his nose is still not grown out...

We have one on order now too... we get her Nov. 29th!!

Attachments

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
That's a cute little guy! You're going to love him!

Here's our rescue puppy:

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Congrats.:D

·
The King
1,107 Posts
English Lab.
Very cool.

There's an author named Richard Walter's. Get any of his books. I used "Water Dog" because I hunted over mine, but he also wrote "Family Dog" where his seven year old daughter trained their dog.

He was an English Professor at an Ivy League school that always had the best dogs. He was very unconventional at the time He originally wrote Water Dog in the '60's, but later went to Vetrenarian schools to study animal behaviour. Long story short. ~ Today his training method is the same method used to train guide dogs.

I highly recomend his books (as do many). They are easy to read with lots of pictures. People used to ask me if I had my dog trained professionally all the time...

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
I love labs :) I will have a hard time getting any different breed. They have such a long puppy life, that raising one is a challenge. I was so proud of mine, though, the other day. They do this all the time, but I was walking with them out on the ranch and they came across a dead bird. If I'm not there, they will play with it and roll it it. Then drag it up for me to see. My male went over and sniffed at it. I gave that "ah ah!" word that we use, lol. He left it and my female didn't even go near it. I thought, "Man! Most dogs would have grabbed that thing and ran, or at least picked it up and waited for me to make them drop it." I've got a couple of good dogs.

Here's a pic of me and my Dixie in Montana.

Congratulations on becoming a lab owner :D

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts