Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the board is dead quiet..............I got a question for you guys.
14x 50 houseboat moored in the delta, 4 familys with 25% ownership, $5000 buy in and $100 bucks a month, you could cash out and quit making payments at any time, would you do it?

·
Northern CA DCB Sales
1,230 Posts
No! Not if these are people you like at this time. I see even the best of friends turn bad weekly on joint ownership. Just my .02, on the other hand it isn't alot of money to walk away from if you get to enjoy it a few times.

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
14x 50 houseboat moored in the delta, 4 familys with 25% ownership, $5000 buy in and $100 bucks a month, you could cash out and quit making payments at any time, would you do it?
hell ya with pre schudueled weeks - Why nOT ? pay a maid to come clean it and inncorrperate that into the monthly fee -- :)bulb

·
NOSTALGIC V-DRIVES
3,059 Posts
Thought about it, talked about it. Could we stay drunk enough not to care and get pissed off like Goatmaster said? That's a tough one.

I think the best thing is to do your own thing and friends stay friends....Unless it has a stripper pole mounted to the roof. Then count me in.:)sphss:D

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
seems like a long drive from sac. You buy that 50 ftr, Ill buy the 42 ftr when I can moor it at the yacht club in sac. 3 bd 2 bath is bigger then my house lol. Can I live on it at the club??

·
Never Enough
972 Posts
Are you the fourth wheel buying in or are you looking for three others besides yourself? Sounds like it could be somewhat interesting to me.:)bulb

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd be the first wheel. Seems like if you found some good people, ... it would be cool to have a boat for 25% of the cost and some cool people to hang out with, or alternate weekends if you didnt want to hang out together.

Just an idea, wondering if anyone has tried it.

Goatmaster, seems like you know someone that tried it......I'd think if you could opt out at any time, that might solve most issues??

What if I get voted out...................crap, I never thought of that:D

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seems like a long drive from sac. You buy that 50 ftr, Ill buy the 42 ftr when I can moor it at the yacht club in sac. 3 bd 2 bath is bigger then my house lol. Can I live on it at the club??
Yes, but there is a waiting list............you have to join to get on the list, this is a vicious circle.:|err

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
kinda like a catch 22, you have to join to get on list but if yu have no boat, whats up with that ?? I know I know.. a vicious circle..... N-shit. I like that 42 footer... Guess The Howard is going up for no-sale again, lol

·
Never Enough
972 Posts
I'd be the first wheel. Seems like if you found some good people, ... it would be cool to have a boat for 25% of the cost and some cool people to hang out with, or alternate weekends if you didnt want to hang out together.
So,the way I see it you're looking to buy said HB and split all costs with three other couples for around 20 grand down and make $400.00 payments? Does that include mooring or are all figures hypothetical? Oh and what are the stats of said hypothetical houseboat?:)

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So,the way I see it you're looking to buy said HB and split all costs with three other couples for around 20 grand down and make $400.00 payments? Does that include mooring or are all figures hypothetical? Oh and what are the stats of said hypothetical houseboat?:)
Its all hypathetical at this point. I have my eye on a boat that I think is a steal, nothing fancy, but functional and clean. I figured the buy in to cover the cost, and the 400 monthly to cover mooring and insurance, and hopefully a little left over for maintenance. This scenario is for a pretty inexpensive boat. I suppose you could finance a bigger nicer one for a little bit more per month??

There are some really good deals out there right now, but I already have 2 boats. Just trying to figure out how to pick one up while the pickin is good.

·
Never Enough
972 Posts
Its all hypathetical at this point. I have my eye on a boat that I think is a steal, nothing fancy, but functional and clean. I figured the buy in to cover the cost, and the 400 monthly to cover mooring and insurance, and hopefully a little left over for maintenance. This scenario is for a pretty inexpensive boat. I suppose you could finance a bigger nicer one for a little bit more per month??

There are some really good deals out there right now, but I already have 2 boats. Just trying to figure out how to pick one up while the pickin is good.
Sounds good! If you can get something thats mechanically sound with everything in working order and taken decent care of AND no payments you can't go wrong!:)

·
Some guys never learn.
658 Posts
We have partners on a houseboat on Don Pedro. It works pretty good most of the time. We know of boats with 3 partners and they do well also.

It's a great way to defuse the cost and time of maintenance.

Some things to think about.

Are you going to be partying with these people all of the time or take turns.

Who has kids and who doesn't and are they compatable ages. Ten year olds screaming as they jump in the water while a 2 year old is napping can be a problem.

Do you all maintain your stuff in a similar maner.

Does one wife like to sit and read while the others are obsesive compulsive about cleaning.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
We have partners on a houseboat on Don Pedro. It works pretty good most of the time. We know of boats with 3 partners and they do well also.

It's a great way to defuse the cost and time of maintenance.

Some things to think about.

Are you going to be partying with these people all of the time or take turns.

Who has kids and who doesn't and are they compatable ages. Ten year olds screaming as they jump in the water while a 2 year old is napping can be a problem.

Do you all maintain your stuff in a similar maner.

Does one wife like to sit and read while the others are obsesive compulsive about cleaning.

I'm not anyones wife,:|err see, thought you get away with it. Ha,ha.:)sphss
See you on Hookie day.:(:(

·
Registered
101 Posts
We have 3 other partners in our houseboat in Shasta. Everything split 4 ways, no questions. Everyone invited the 4 major weekends (Memorial, Fathers, 4th and Labor) and 2 summer weekends per family. Always plenty of room and fun. Think about kids and their ages.
I say go for it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts