Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I come home from band practice the other night and my wife is watching a TV show called Jon & Kate +8... I only saw about 10 minutes of the show, I was threatened if I tried to change the channel!. It's a reality show about a family with 8 kids, several being twins/multis (kinda an octo-mom lite show). It simply details their day to day existance.... whiny kids, the naggy wife, the dad resigned... basic family existance and by my way of thinnking, BORING!!!
So, what is the attraction of the show? I was raised in a big family, to me it's not TV worthy stuff. My wife simply said, "it's a mom thing, you wouldn't understand". I guess it's popular, so anyone want to explain the attraction? I'm really curious.....

·
Registered
373 Posts
Where do you think the Octo Mom got her bright idea?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I come home from band practice the other night and my wife is watching a TV show called Jon & Kate +8... I only saw about 10 minutes of the show, I was threatened if I tried to change the channel!. It's a reality show about a family with 8 kids, several being twins/multis (kinda an octo-mom lite show). It simply details their day to day existance.... whiny kids, the naggy wife, the dad resigned... basic family existance and by my way of thinnking, BORING!!!
So, what is the attraction of the show? I was raised in a big family, to me it's not TV worthy stuff. My wife simply said, "it's a mom thing, you wouldn't understand". I guess it's popular, so anyone want to explain the attraction? I'm really curious.....
Small kids love that show - and I find it entertaining too (in small amounts).

People are always fascinated with other peoples lifestyles...which is why there are so many reality shows and gossip magazines. Human nature I guess.

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts

lol -- You should watch it - the New drama tv shows art the best :)st;) The mom wil be come bored , talk smack about the dad , dad will start hitting the bars, then move on to strippes , He will then find a midget stripper with big knockers and fall madly in love while the mom is doing the pool boy and the babysiter ( lesbian ) will sue the pants off the husband for cheating - get custody of the house , car, bills, get 100,000 a month for child suppport - share it with the pool boy , have the babysitter move in with her , Kids will be hooked in on there Wi, I pod , and computer all the while Oblivious to any of the Reality around them .. Now that there is great T.v lol Hit the bong and turn on the show

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
That's a show that my wife watches alone.

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol -- You should watch it - the New drama tv shows art the best :)st;) The mom wil be come bored , talk smack about the dad , dad will start hitting the bars, then move on to strippes , He will then find a midget stripper with big knockers and fall madly in love while the mom is doing the pool boy and the babysiter ( lesbian ) will sue the pants off the husband for cheating - get custody of the house , car, bills, get 100,000 a month for child suppport - share it with the pool boy , have the babysitter move in with her , Kids will be hooked in on there Wi, I pod , and computer all the while Oblivious to any of the Reality around them .. Now that there is great T.v lol Hit the bong and turn on the show
Now Lucky can write a script for a show I MIGHT watch :)devil

That's a show that my wife watches alone.
:)bulb +1

·
Registered
160 Posts
I watch it sometimes too. I am not sure why its interesting because you are right, its kind of boring.

I would not compare them to the Octo-mom though. Jon and KAte plus 8 are not on welfare, there is a mom and dad, jon has a job etc.. I am sure Octo-mom thought she would be received as well as them. Not so much.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
I prefer "Wife Swap".
That sh*t is off the hook some times.:)devil

(Well, after "Blind Date" and "Extreme Dating":D

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
My wife is HOOKED on Kate + 8 and the "little people show" little people big world...or whatever its called. I CAN NOT watch Kate! She is just flat out RUDE to her husband! There is no way I could live with that woman. The only good thing I can see from the show, is that my wife see's that our small children ( 20mo's and 4 1/2) aren't unique with their moons and temper tantrums, good to see most children have similar issues.
They are to be commended though.... Can you even imagine what a job that must be to raise 8 children? WOW! We had good friends that had triplet boys before our babies came. Always wanted twins before living next to the boys...... not any more. WAY moocho work!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I prefer "Wife Swap".
That sh*t is off the hook some times.:)devil

(Well, after "Blind Date" and "Extreme Dating":D

Blind date is good...... but the old "love connection" with Chuck and his gold rolex was the BEST! Hooked on Cheaters also...way twisted show.

Be back in Two and Two... :)sphss

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Intervention. Nuff said.:)devil

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
I'm just waiting for Jon & Kate +8 to be an eppisode on "The First 48". If anybody could snap and kill somebody it'd be that poor Jon guy. I'd have gone nuts a long time ago if I was that poor bastard. Kate is a Biatch!

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
My wife watches that as well. If I'm home when it's on, it's usually time to head for the computer and do a little internet surfing or reading. I work nights and usually can't get to sleep before 2am but that sh!t'll put you to sleep in a minute!!!!

·
Insurance Agent!
735 Posts
I like that show,
I tried watching when cam was home he took the remote and turned it off and said time for bed sweetie. I dont think he wanted to watch it. :)

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
I tell my wife "We have two little girls that cry, why do you want to watch other kids cry on TV?"

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,091 Posts
I'm just waiting for Jon & Kate +8 to be an eppisode on "The First 48". If anybody could snap and kill somebody it'd be that poor Jon guy. I'd have gone nuts a long time ago if I was that poor bastard. Kate is a Biatch!
You can say it... she's a bitch and then some. The bitch thinks it's cute to slap him int the face. I'd deck her.... she maynot do it anymore but she used to.

Wife and kids watch the show. I leave the room.... it's more productive being on Performance Boats and Riverdaves :p

I'd bet the "octamom" watches that show. :)bulb

Sleeper CP :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts