Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Medium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping to look at one of these this afternoon, can anyone help with the pros and cons of these boats? I have no Idea of the condition but it's on the way home so who knows? Anyone running one currently? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Starfires

Starfires are cool little boats! Most of them were set up with smallbock engines, however I have seen them with big block engines. The set up is a little different than most flatbottoms the v-drive is set under the deck, and the cav plates are fixed.
The boats are fast, and ride very free.
Stickman worked for Steve Jones back in the day. He should be able to answer any questions you have.

·
Starfire Member
383 Posts
I am here to answer any questions on Jones Starfires. I have a '65 which I am restoring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
you want me to go to Barstow and pick it up for ya ,just let me know . Im always up for a road trip .:D

·
Starfire Member
383 Posts
My buddy Paul's ex-wife put the website together and she is being difficult. We need to get her to sign off on the rights

·
Medium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info, I finally got a chance to look at it and the pix will be up soon. He wants 7k for it with a "fresh" 427 cheby, hull looked solid but he seems to think its still wort 5k w/o the motor. Boat was kept indoors until about 2 weeks ago, I'll post the pics and a contact number tonight.

·
Starfire Member
383 Posts
Looks like Bob Raide's first Starfire; SS63 driven by Dave "Sked" Paraskevas 1979 Eastern Divisionals Champion.

·
Starfire Member
383 Posts
I drove this boat when it was owned by Jim Abbott. He had a Boss 429 Ford in it. It was very fast and handled very well.

·
Medium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I drove this boat when it was owned by Jim Abbott. He had a Boss 429 Ford in it. It was very fast and handled very well.
That is a cool piece of history on this hull. Still seems a bit pricey but then I'm probably just a cheapskate.:D

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Looks like Bob Raide's first Starfire; SS63 driven by Dave "Sked" Paraskevas 1979 Eastern Divisionals Champion.
No way, our own lovable SkedAttackster? Ah, a yellow-blue Jones less engine sold for what....8900 a month ago on Ebay.

Someone want to go after Mr. Villwocks new records?? Would make an excellant nostalgia boat if you are lacking in the talent department....and cant drive a Lavey!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
That's a pretty boat, where is it? Washington?

·
Medium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The boat is located in Marysville Wa. about 40 miles North of Seattle. The guy said he would take around 5K for it less motor. Sounds like a decent deal compared to the E-Bay listing. What made/makes these hulls so valuable? There is a possibility I'll be heading down to So-Cal in late June so if someone from the south wants it I'm sure we could work something out.

·
Starfire Member
383 Posts
There weren't that many built compared to other brands. They are exceptionally well constructed. They are fast without a lot of power; there were a lot of small block Starfires that could hold their own with big-block boats.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts