Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the v-drive section, but havn't gotten much response. Maybe this is a better place to ask this question. My Jones tach drive has a grease fitting on it, but it also says "do not lubricate" on the end of the tach drive. So my question is-do I or don't I grease it? I don't understand why it has this zerk fitting and says not to lube it! Here is a pic of it.-What's the deal?

Attachments

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
I posted this in the v-drive section, but havn't gotten much response. Maybe this is a better place to ask this question. My Jones tach drive has a grease fitting on it, but it also says "do not lubricate" on the end of the tach drive. So my question is-do I or don't I grease it? I don't understand why it has this zerk fitting and says not to lube it! Here is a pic of it.-What's the deal?
That grease zerk is for the worm gear drive...looks like the "do not lubricate" is for the ball bearing in the end of the drive...it's probably a sealed bearing.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That grease zerk is for the worm gear drive...looks like the "do not lubricate" is for the ball bearing in the end of the drive...it's probably a sealed bearing.
Cool! Now one other question about it-How do I know how much grease is enough when I grease that fitting?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts