Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, that tornado aftermath is horrendous. I've never been through a tornado, but I think Ca's earthquakes are a lesser evil than that!! Jeezes, you see all the cars tossed like matchbox toys? And then, semi trucks tossed like Tonka toys..... The local hospital parking lot was cleared and the cars TOTALED, not dented, not scratched, totaled!!! Houses just GONE... No sign there was ever a house there, and some of the hospital stuff was found 60, YES 60, miles away!!! Do we have any PB members in Joplin?....
Ray

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
When those storms a few weeks ago came through here it blew down a huge white oak right outside my office. This tree was over 100 years old and abaout a 6 foot diameter trunk. A tornado never touched down here but my weather station recorded 108 MPH wind.

The damage a EF4 or EF5 tornado can cause is massive. Wind speeds of 200MPH. That is well over what a category 5 hurricane puts out.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
How can we help??

Is there a site set up??

·
Administrator
16,894 Posts
Same storm missed us by only 2 miles. It's heartbreaking to see the aftermath of a tornado. Was listening to the news this morning about a couple that are looking for their 16 month old baby. Havent found him yet.

·
mud slinger
2,012 Posts
Wow, that tornado aftermath is horrendous. I've never been through a tornado, but I think Ca's earthquakes are a lesser evil than that!! Jeezes, you see all the cars tossed like matchbox toys? And then, semi trucks tossed like Tonka toys..... The local hospital parking lot was cleared and the cars TOTALED, not dented, not scratched, totaled!!! Houses just GONE... No sign there was ever a house there, and some of the hospital stuff was found 60, YES 60, miles away!!! Do we have any PB members in Joplin?....
Ray
My family is from Joplin and my grandfather said he would take a earthquake over a tornado any day of the week.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Oklahoman's get ready!!! News has already asked all employers to have their employees home by 3 today. They have put a 100% guarantee that we will have hail bigger than baseballs and multiple tornadoes that will stay on the ground for longer than 45 minutes.

·
put up or shut up
379 Posts
Heard on the radio this morning that pieces of the hospital that was hit were found over 70 miles away...
its true i live 30 miles from joplin people had x=rays falling in their yards 60 and 70 miles away they said debris was picked up 30000 feet into the atmoshpere and thrown 300 miles

1 - 13 of 13 Posts