Engine junkie
142 Posts
Mains= 2.7482-2.7489
Rods = 2.1990-2.1996

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Only Peterbuilts, and 460 fords have 3.00 mains:D
Built Ford tough....3" mains:D Not those wimpy 2.75" mains the BBC have;)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Ya, I fubbared the mains with my pontiac.. woops :) Funny I deleted it, then reposted. :)sphss

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
Can some one tell me the rod and main journal size for BBC? Thanks

Tim
SRP1 hit it on the head. I just checked the specs on my Eagle BBC crank -

Main - 2.749"
Rod - 2.200"

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
Built Ford tough....3" mains:D Not those wimpy 2.75" mains the BBC have;)
I seem to recall reading something awhile back about smaller journal = less contact surface area = less friction = more horsepower? :D

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I seem to recall reading something awhile back about smaller journal = less contact surface area = less friction = more horsepower? :D
You been reading too much fiction.:phil:)

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Is that all you got???????

Your getting soft in your old age there "Ford Boy"!!!! :D
Christ...12 posts for a one post answer...I'll keep it going...
How about those 3" mains have huge bearing speed...friction is not the only problem...shredding the oil is also a big issue..
That is why the BB Olds, BB Pontiac, and BB Ford stuff never lived in stock form with any big rpm's...well, that and they were Oldsmobiles, Pontiacs, and Fords. LOL :D:D
Wags

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Is that all you got???????

Your getting soft in your old age there "Ford Boy"!!!! :D
Yeah, I know, CRS is setting in....Gettin' tuff to keep up with the young whippersnappers...BTW...what the hell is a whippersnapper anyway? How ya doing Warp...? long time, no argue:D You guys seem to be doing pretty good there, congrats on your group's success. I'd wish ya many more but I'm still rooting for the Fords to win.;) But if the Chevys gotta win I'm glad its you guys.:)devil

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
How about those 3" mains have huge bearing speed...friction is not the only problem...shredding the oil is also a big issue..
That is why the BB Olds, BB Pontiac, and BB Ford stuff never lived in stock form with any big rpm's...well, that and they were Oldsmobiles, Pontiacs, and Fords. LOL :D:D
Wags
Well...don't tell that to the truck and tractor pulling guys...92-9400 rpm for those BBFs is standard operating procedure....and for 20-25 sec. each pull. The 3" mains don't seem to be hindered by thier size. Even the 455 Pontiac guys are spinning their 3.250" mains in the low 7K rpm range. Oh, yeah...I forgot, thats a GM product...they can do everything.:)sphss:p

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Well...don't tell that to the truck and tractor pulling guys...92-9400 rpm for those BBFs is standard operating procedure....and for 20-25 sec. each pull. The 3" mains don't seem to be hindered by thier size. Even the 455 Pontiac guys are spinning their 3.250" mains in the low 7K rpm range. Oh, yeah...I forgot, thats a GM product...they can do everything.:)sphss:p
i think he said stock form;)

anyway fords suck ass:)sphssno matter what form:)hand

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
Only Peterbuilts, and 460 fords have 3.00 mains:D
And most every TOP FUEL racing engine on the racetrack today. :)

LO

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

Wags
hil:)hil:)hil:)Whoa, wait a minute there wags. The first 2 post were wrong, so it was at least a 3 post answer. Mine was kind of retorical, but I was bored and thought I would kick start something:p A 3.00" main in a BBF is questionable, but probably required considering the crap the crank is made of. :))eek:))But in a 351 W it is just plain stupid.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
Jetaholic you are so lost...and in fact you might be further confused to learn that the BBC has more bearing surface area than a BBF. No, I am not kidding--on both counts that I noted above.

LO

1 - 20 of 25 Posts