Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Wade & Denise
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so hear I am stuck with a 100 other's, wondering how much money I'm loosing, calls that I'm missing ect...

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
I got lucky last time, they never called my group. That'll never happen again!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Shouldnt have responded to the summons. Its not certified so you never received it.
I cant afford to loose a days pay. There are people out there whos work pays them their rate to go and serve and there are people out there who want to serve so let them do it. Ive done it in the past and I too loose money plus you have to pay for parking.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
i have always thought that it should be voluntary to go. some people actually enjoy doing it. let them be the ones who do it. i have better things to do.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Collin County man held for 83 days for missing jury duty is released

03:30 PM CDT on Saturday, May 9, 2009
By KATIE FAIRBANK / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]

Douglas Maupin was released from the Collin County Jail today after serving 83 days for missing jury duty.

Maupin, 34, was caught up in the legal system and didn’t have a court date set for almost three months until he wrote to The Dallas Morning News.

A judge, who was notified by the paper on Friday about the situation, held a late afternoon hearing to handle Maupin’s case.

Meanwhile, a municipal judge in Arlington allowed his time served to apply to two minor traffic tickets in that city.

It was unclear what time Maupin was released.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Maupin, 34, was caught up in the legal system and didn’t have a court date set for almost three months until he wrote to The Dallas Morning News.

Im kinda lost with this.
It sounds a little different. My neighbor is works the courts as a sheriff and told me about not responding so maybe I have had a warrant for the last 6 years? I been pulled over numerous times and I would have been arrested then on the spot.

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
just left jury duty selection 20 minutes ago... sheezus what a waste that place is, can't cities just hire a jury? i understand the need to be impartial but hire a few, mix em up every now and then..

·
Wade & Denise
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have survived 3 rounds, I was deprived of my 1st break. I claimed hardship due to. Self employed. 1st call was atemp murder x 2 his exwife n new bfriend with bodly inj. 2nd was going to be a DUI case.

·
Wade & Denise
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did the no reply/no show, recevied a notice giving me 30 days to contact the court or there would be a bench warrant issued!

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
Collin County man held for 83 days for missing jury duty is released

03:30 PM CDT on Saturday, May 9, 2009
By KATIE FAIRBANK / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]

Douglas Maupin was released from the Collin County Jail today after serving 83 days for missing jury duty.

A judge, who was notified by the paper on Friday about the situation, held a late afternoon hearing to handle Maupin’s case.

Meanwhile, a municipal judge in Arlington allowed his time served to apply to two minor traffic tickets in that city.

It was unclear what time Maupin was released.
Maybe they held him because people like him failed to respond to serve on his jury! lol JK

LOL I can't think of a larger waste of money than our court system right now. While cuts for first responders are rampid, I hope they're looking into ways to streamline that system,,,i'm just sayin'.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I had that happen. Called the court and go to pick my day.

Figured thursday or Friday was slow in the court.
So when my day rolled around I didn't even get callled.

The clerk even mentioned the day of the week I picked was slow
I did the no reply/no show, recevied a notice giving me 30 days to contact the court or there would be a bench warrant issued!

·
Wade & Denise
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have been excused twice now for self employed/hardship, 3:40 pm almost done!

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
I say we give cops extra bullets. Call them mulligans and not count against them if they use them. It would free up the court system.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts