Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
If they dont send the summons certified mail trash it. I have not been in 15 years. Just toss them everytime. Few friends who live in LA County are now getting them by certified mail. Then your F-ed and have to go.

I know its our duty as a citizen but when you lose pay at work and spend money in gas etc just does not seem right. Especially when your there for some low life.

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
If they dont send the summons certified mail trash it. I have not been in 15 years. Just toss them everytime. Few friends who live in LA County are now getting them by certified mail. Then your F-ed and have to go.

I know its our duty as a citizen but when you lose pay at work and spend money in gas etc just does not seem right. Especially when your there for some low life.
wow.....

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Yeah, but you get to send the lowlife to prison, what could be better? Oh, and don't forget about the person(s) he/she hurt....

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts

Unfortunately our freedoms costs. Luckily it's only some pay and not blood like that our of soldiers that have fought for our freedoms. Too often all of us look at what these things cost us personally without realizing what it has cost others.
My father was a Disabled Vet who would have loved to have total use of his leg but also believed in everything we've fought for.
I've done my time on jury duty and could have gotten out of it but it was well worth it to me to give up a little pay for this honor.
That and I enjoyed giving it to the SOB that was on trial.
Remember that we can always let the Obama administration take over as jury or keep these idiots like the ones on the O.J trial. I don't think we want that.
By the way, this isn't a rant at you, just something I feel strongly about.

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
Unfortunately our freedoms costs. Luckily it's only some pay and not blood like that our of soldiers that have fought for our freedoms. Too often all of us look at what these things cost us personally without realizing what it has cost others.
My father was a Disabled Vet who would have loved to have total use of his leg but also believed in everything we've fought for.
I've done my time on jury duty and could have gotten out of it but it was well worth it to me to give up a little pay for this honor.
That and I enjoyed giving it to the SOB that was on trial.
Remember that we can always let the Obama administration take over as jury or keep these idiots like the ones on the O.J trial. I don't think we want that.
By the way, this isn't a rant at you, just something I feel strongly about.
Thank you! I agree....

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After reading that I have to agree with you.....So now my river trip is cut a day short...oh well.:D

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Wow is right. Talk about shirking civic duty.

·
Registered
190 Posts
What they need to do is have the people living off the system actually put in work for the system. Everyone who is on welfare needs to be sitting in those jury booths then us working class citizens can continue to go to work and make money, only to have it withdrawn to pay for those on welfare.

You see it's cyclicle - we work so they don't have to - they go to Jury Duty so we don't have to!!!

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
I, as a taxpaying worker type, would not want to have some lowlife welfare mom deciding if I'm guilty or not.... I'd prefer someone who has made a decision to participate - not that I've ever been even near that end of the judicial process, but I'm just sayin....

·
Registered
190 Posts
I, as a taxpaying worker type, would not want to have some lowlife welfare mom deciding if I'm guilty or not.... I'd prefer someone who has made a decision to participate - not that I've ever been even near that end of the judicial process, but I'm just sayin....
Well.....I guess that's exactly it, you, me and all the other "responsible, law abiding citizens" have no reason to go to court and try to play defense.

BUT.........

I guess if some prick try's to sue you for no apparent reason other than to get money from you because they think you have money, the welfare people would see that as only fair......"income redistribution", since they're on that side of the fence anyway.

I see it both ways and have for years but.....I'm just sayin.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
What they need to do is have the people living off the system actually put in work for the system. Everyone who is on welfare needs to be sitting in those jury booths then us working class citizens can continue to go to work and make money, only to have it withdrawn to pay for those on welfare.

You see it's cyclicle - we work so they don't have to - they go to Jury Duty so we don't have to!!!
This is exactly what happen in the O.J. trial. Most on the panel were non-working because it was such a long trial. This means that you had people on the jury that couldn't even understand what evidence they were hearing.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I did my time in January, and sent two dealers to prison for a LONG time.....

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Try this one if im in jury duty Calis losing tax money.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts