Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Just a question here....why the big aluminum plate on the transom? Was this once a jet hydro converted to v-drive or what? I'm asking the question, only because that big piece of aluminum is so "in your face" that maybe it's covering something. I can't really see the inside transom from the front view, but the bottom would be patched as well. The piece of aluminum behind the steering wheel looks to be a repair cover too. Center steering with ski boat rudder sends mixed signals. Why is the gunwale cut away at the rear? There should have been plenty of room for engine and battery, so battery access, I don't buy.
On a final note.....( pull up soap box to stand on )....Who keeps parking their once proud v-drives outside in fields????? PEOPLE PLEASE, BEFORE you f*** up another boat, sell it, hell, give it away, to someone who really wants it. Geeez, you wouldn't treat a dog that irresponsibly. ( take slow breath ) O.K., I'm calm now....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
welp

well today I did some more digging and found the worst thing I could imagine got under the boat with a creeper and found the shaft throuhgt the bottom of the hull had been moved a good foot back and also boat as a jet kind of lost is it even worth messing with kind of got a bad taste in my mouth for bringing it back to life whose to say prop shaft is far enough back or forward and also v drive is mouted at an angle witch seams wrong to me is it even worth the $350 I gave him?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a question here....why the big aluminum plate on the transom? Was this once a jet hydro converted to v-drive or what? I'm asking the question, only because that big piece of aluminum is so "in your face" that maybe it's covering something. I can't really see the inside transom from the front view, but the bottom would be patched as well. The piece of aluminum behind the steering wheel looks to be a repair cover too. Center steering with ski boat rudder sends mixed signals. Why is the gunwale cut away at the rear? There should have been plenty of room for engine and battery, so battery access, I don't buy.
On a final note.....( pull up soap box to stand on )....Who keeps parking their once proud v-drives outside in fields????? PEOPLE PLEASE, BEFORE you f*** up another boat, sell it, hell, give it away, to someone who really wants it. Geeez, you wouldn't treat a dog that irresponsibly. ( take slow breath ) O.K., I'm calm now....

well spike you where right on thanks wish I would of cleaned all the junk out before I bought it and looked

1,011 Posts
If it's not all rotted out and you don't mind the work it wil take to rebuild and you only have 350 in it, I'd say go for it. The outside of the hull looks good. Get a good look at the stringers and floor. That will tell you how much work and dollars is needed. Good luck.

Tim

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
does the v-drive turn freely? I would think that and any other misc. usable hardware would be worth the price paid. You just have to determine if you desire to do the work required to make it what you want as stated previously. Is there any rot or delamination of the stringers, floors, toe board or other structural systems?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Wyoradcat,
The good news is that, it's a pretty interesting hydro hull. It's not a hull I could identify, but may be done, with some work. Hydros, in general, are longer, lower, and more "open" to viewing their interior, so any 'glass or floor repair done here should be farmed out to a professional, for both structural integrity, and appearance. If you want to keep the hull, be prepared to go this route. Is the trailer correct for this boat? Is it repairable? I can see the right front main rail of the trailer is bent. The hydro has 12 degree top loader Casale v-drive, but appears to be positioned well forward, more so than a 12 degree strut would likely put it. You may have a 10 degree strut with a 12 degree box there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya

Ya the floor is hit and stringers are tight but tops are weathered away all the wood inside the top edge like funnel and all side looks to be ceder and has all fallen out all kick panels are rotten also how would I know how far the prop would have to be from rear of the boat even transom wood is roten

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
trailer

And the trailer is junk I am going to change a tandome axle competive trailer I have with a junked out sunkistt jet that is going to the dump who would do good fibber glass a boat repair place of a custom fiber glass shop

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
bummed for ya. looks like this one fits the old saying, the most expensive boats are the free or "cheap ones". Please, don't ask my how I might this. haha.... good luck with ever you decide to do with it.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
With that dropped center bottom, it was a jet to begin with,.......how long has it been since any of us have seen a jet hydro running around? Not my cup of tea, but I'll bet the squirt boys would be pretty excited to find this. I know I don't have any info on the breed...c'mon, some of you must have an old ad, or photos of some company that built these. Someone must have tried dragging one of these, but I've got nuthin' but "Rated X" ( not a hydro style hull ). There was another jet besides Rated X that got a lot of ink but I always forget the other boat's name. Help me Tor....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts