Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Impeachment!
3,728 Posts
Should be a ton of folks in this group. I was involved in both....and have the scars to prove it! Used to race BMX as a kid at a place in San Pedro called Harbor BMX Raceway.
Never skated competitively, just did a bunch of street/bowl skating around town.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
All the kids trip when I break out my old Hammer Head Christian Hasoi. deck. Indapendants with Green 65mm Kriptonics or Blue Powell Bones. I grew up in Venice Californication.. Chipped my front toof at Marina Del Rey Skate Park. Today they have a pool at the beach in Venice. Man I would have robbed at least 20 Marina Del Rey residents for that deal back then...:D

Miss my Polar Bear skate with Tracker Trucks and Z Smoothies. Man the memories! Cool beans Zacho.

·
Registered
417 Posts
use to do both, but was more successfully in skateboarding pick up a sponsor and competed in washington state for many years. still skate every once in a while, they built some pretty nice parks up here wish we had those, instead we ran from the cops a lot for skating on private property

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Last time i rode a skateboard was when they had steel wheels:D

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was in with S&M bikes after winning a contest at Ft. Mcdowell, they gave me a NG Holmes and all kinds of flow. Just looked at the plaque, it was nov. 1997! Now im washed up, no teeth, body always hurts, but i have 90mphish jet boat:)devil:)devil

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
You mere infants had the benefits of advanced technology trucks, bearings, wheels, composite boards, urethane wheels/bushings etc. Your bikes are high tech aluminum frames with composite wheels, etc. etc. etc. I rode when the first skateboards came out. We started with a roller skate nailed to a piece of wood then eventually advanced to cheap-a skateboards with hard wheels. The stingray bicycle had not even come out as yet and the most advanced trick the best rider in the world did was ride with no hands.

I was fortunate enough to still be young enough when the skateboards finally made a comeback for good. My sons and I rode for years. We built our own slalom boards as well as long boards and even tandem boards. They got pretty good and I simply survived without major damage but the parks, jumps, half pipes, etc didn't come out until they had grown out of the boards and moved on to drag race cars, thank heavens. That way they were not too broken up to be granted athletic scholarships to college. Sometimes, missing an era is a good thing!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts