Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added another couple pieces to my 70"s era collection. Got a Franco Harris signed photo with all original rookie and superbowl and pro bowl cards. More importantly I got ( on lay away) a Steelers helmet signed by the Steel Curtain. 24 pro bowls total so they only signed 24 of these helmets and that's it not one more as a some of them are dead now. I got #20 out of #24 total and will be buried someday with this helmet. Well maybe not but my girls will have a nice piece to sell down the line as there are only 24 in existence.

Attachments

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you from Pittsburg home of iron city? :cool:

My Dad's side of the family is all from Pittsburgh actually small town just outside called Clairton. They all worked in the mill back in the day and when most of them moved out to Cali they worked the mill out here also. Still have some cousins back in PA though. I am Croation (actually Dalmation from small island off the coast of Croatia). Just loved the Steelers ever since I was a kid. Got a full size Bradshaw signed jersey on the other wall with some cool pics and patches also.

My shining piece will be paid off in another month or two and that is the helmet signed by Lambert, Lam and Russel. Only 24 of these were done and I have #20 out of 24. Will be my coolest piece in the collection. I have started adding a few of the newer player also who recently retired like Bettis and Ward.

I want to get this lithograph of all the 72 Steelers signed by the entire team but it is well up there in price but maybe,,,who knows..

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That stuff will get you elected mayor of Clairton or most any other town around here. With that collection you are more than an honorary Pittsburgher. All very nice and pieces of real football history

Thank you for the compliments. Would love to go back there again sometime with my kids. Pops went back for his 45th high school reunion many years back before he passed away. I have some great old pics from his school days back there. Even my aunts worked in the mill back there and out here. I just love the old Steelers and the new team to but in a different way. Just seems like football was football back in those days and no prima donnas running around. Now it's all about the money for the most part. There are still some true professionals that just love the game but seems a lot has changed over the years.

I will post a pic of that helmet when i get it paid off and picked up. Got a nice Mickey Mantle ball to go with it also. Thanks again for the remarks from everyone. :))THumbsUp

Can't wait for pre-season to start in a few months.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.