Performance Boats Forum banner

Just found out I'm a FOG

Tags
fog
3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Budweiser 
#1 ·
I'm devastated about finding out I have been considered a F'in Old Guy.

When it comes to asking for help and questions about the EFI stuff.

One FOG holding his head up high. :thumb:

#4 ·
While my buddy and I were in the navy, we used to call each other FOG1 and FOG 2...for Fat Old Guy 1...lol.

Now, since we are both retired from the Navy, I'm FROG 1 (Fat Retired Old Guy 1) since I retired first and he's FROG 2. Lol... good times.

#8 ·
Reminds me of being at Firebird in 2011 and it was my birthday on Nov 20 so I told my friend Ron Munson it was my birthday and I was 56. He said, " whoa, your an old fart" :happy:

#9 ·
LOL at the time I was 49. :54:

I've been having some tune issues and requested help from the manufacturer and a private tuner.

This is what lead to one of them telling me there was a specific term they use. :

Special thanks to Brian and David for correcting my tune mess. The boat runs remarkably well in spite of the tune mess.

If I can take a moment and explain my reasoning. My boat is warmed up to 200 * We take it to the line and run it. It's twin turbo on methanol no intercooler.

I don't run an IAC because I dont drive it around. I didn't install an IAT because I don't care what the air temp is. I had no CTS correction because I don't run it when it's cold. Etc.

Now I realize some of these items are required either to make the proper fuel calcs or they have to be used so all of the other tables work together.

I'm commited to running EFI but I'm not doing a good job of removing my old school blown MFI way of thinking.

Thanks again.

#10 ·
Tom, EFI turbo LS broke a piston and apparently hurt the rings on the rest of the cyl in that bank when we ran out of gas. still trying to sneak up on a tune. pulled the motor last nite. gonna pull out pistons tonite. we'll know more tomorrow. otherwise, I think I'm going to like it.:rolleyes: seems really lite.

#14 ·
I like to suggest, "lets see who can run a lap around the block the fastest" :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.