Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
anyone wanna go?

Our original plan was to fly into Miami and rent harleys to ride down to Key West. If we can get enough people to do that, we will, but I went ahead and made the plane tickets into Key West. Layover is in Miami anyway, so if we decide to rent bikes, we can cancel the hopper to the island.

I'm looking to get a place that has several small houses or condos that share a pool. Rent your own place, that way there's no obligation to pay me.

June 14-20, right after school gets out, but before hurricane season begins. Let me know if you're interested. It's a fun place, if I had to compare it to somewhere, I'd have to say New Orleans, but smaller and cleaner.

Top floor of this bar is clothing optional :)

LOL Chickens and cats roam freely through Key West. Most of the cats are descended from a Hemingway cat. Chickens are more like pigeons. Streets get high pressure washed every night. :p

Hogs Breath bar (our favorite place)

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
One of the coolest places I've ever been. If Pete and Wayne are at Sloppy Joes, don't miss their show. They're hilarious.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The key's are awesome! I've been 5 times now. Last time we spent a couple of nights in Key largo and drove everywhere from there. We also spent a night in South Beach, stayed at the Colony and stayed out late clubbin it up. We met a couple from Laguna and hung out with them all night.

I wish I had pics but we lost them on a computer crash.:|err

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
I noticed you centered the Montana plates in that one picture;)

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
I am wearing my Hogs Breath tank top right now.
Last time I was there they had the Off Shore world championships going on.
10 mile tri-oval, we sat on the break wall and they came right by us at well over 120 MPH. To Me it was more a helicopter race with boats under them!

I think I favored the HB and the Hard Rock the most.

EDIT PS- I thought that there were more Gays than chickens though.............just sayin'.......

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
EDIT PS- I thought that there were more Gays than chickens though.............just sayin'.......

I have a buddy that lives just north of Miami. He says the same thing about Key West. Key Largo is his favorite and that is where we went. Stayed in a condo on the water with a boat slip. We would take the boat out and go to the restaurants and go bar hopping all the way back. Beautiful area for sure!

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
I have a buddy that lives just north of Miami. He says the same thing about Key West. Key Largo is his favorite and that is where we went. Stayed in a condo on the water with a boat slip. We would take the boat out and go to the restaurants and go bar hopping all the way back. Beautiful area for sure!

Don't get me wrong, we never had any issues with anybody, Gay or Straight.

Had a great 2 weeks and would not hesitate to go back. We stayed at a campground like 1-2 keys up from KW and just drove there each day. No boat, but a blast nonetheless.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Angie-

Tom Corcoran has a mystery series with his main character, Alex Rutledge set in Key West. Easy reading and pretty good stuff.

Corcoran has quite a history with Jimmy Buffet and produced some of his album covers and wrote some album lead ins.

Key West is a fun place though not "quite" as crazy as the 70's, but I have these memory lapses for some reason....:)devil

http://www.tomcorcoran.net/index.html

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Don't get me wrong, we never had any issues with anybody, Gay or Straight.

Had a great 2 weeks and would not hesitate to go back. We stayed at a campground like 1-2 keys up from KW and just drove there each day. No boat, but a blast nonetheless.
I don't either, but Key West is the San Fransicko of the east. :|err

If you don't mind **** in speedos on roller blades, KW is the place to go....

Key Largo to me was a treat. Hung out at the Carribean Club and Rumrunners Islamorada. Great drinks, and docks right at the bar. And NO, I refuse to go without my boat! :)devil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts