Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ripped the floor and bulkhead out of the boat. Yeehah! pics to follow. Gotta finish it up by next weekend ;) There is some nasty stuff under there. Deflated bags, rotten wood, etc etc. yuck! New interior comes next weekend so I'm going to be ready for it!

2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
pics please, hopefully it'll be easier than my dealio...
Damn Busby, Why didn't you warn me how difficult this would be? :D I finally got all the glue out and everything ready to lay the floor. I ground a nice groove in my index finger with the angle grinder. I think it cauterized itself. It's deep but not bleeding :D I have a couple cell phone pics I'll get up eventually.

·
"It's HONDO, honey"
1,724 Posts
I have a lighter and a butter knife ready to go if you need it cauterized :D
Just touch my dry headers well get ya fixed up :D

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
Damn Busby, Why didn't you warn me how difficult this would be? :D I finally got all the glue out and everything ready to lay the floor. I ground a nice groove in my index finger with the angle grinder. I think it cauterized itself. It's deep but not bleeding :D I have a couple cell phone pics I'll get up eventually.
Hey ... I tried to post up everything I could ... I think this is the last time I restore a boat.

Hope your project gets smoother & finger turns out ok.

Post those pics!

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Gotta love grinder burns, cuts and seals it all in one shot!
i was surface prepping some alum plates i was gonna polish and my air grinder with a scotchbrite rololoc fell off my bench, my dumbass brain tells my legs to clamp together and catch it since my hands were full. of course when i caught it between my legs and above my knee caps, it hit the trigger and off it went. hurt like a mofo and tore up some good jeans:mad::p lesson learned :)hand got 2 big deep scars on each leg now.

2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just got back from Parker / Havasu where I met up with 76 Bonneville to pick up my new interior. Big thanks to 76 Bonneville for passing along a great deal on this interior that will work perfect in my boat. I'm excited to get the floor done and bolt these seats in there! More pics soon!

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
I just got back from Parker / Havasu where I met up with 76 Bonneville to pick up my new interior. Big thanks to 76 Bonneville for passing along a great deal on this interior that will work perfect in my boat. I'm excited to get the floor done and bolt these seats in there! More pics soon!
We must have been on the road together ... I got back from Havasu at about 9:45 last night ... great day on the lake!

More pics please!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts