Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
U Member, Member?
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I walked into a turners outdoorsmen today. I thought it was a good idea for my gf to own a handgun. I was shocked to the core to see that the store that I have frequented since I was a kid which normally stocks around 400 handguns, by my estimate, had no more than 11-12 in their display cabinets. Ammunition counters were EMPTY. Around 1/3 of the rifle/shotgun racks were empty. I asked a worker there if they were going out of business. He said no. He said they couldnt keep guns in stock, supply wasnt meeting demand. Sales were up 70%. Unbeleivable.

For a while now Ive been surrounded by people, conspiracy theorist, that most would say are crazy. I admit I take interest in the subject. I have heard them talk so much of what some would say is "nonsense". Things I myself would think were waaay out in left field. Absurdities. Things that could not happen in MY COUNTRY. Little by little I have seen some things come true. More and more each day. Today was a bit of a wake up call for me. Im still in shock so to speak.

All I can say is to make yourselves aware of whats going on behind the scenes. There are so many blind people out there. Some just flat out dont care. Just because its on tv doesnt mean its whats really going on. These may or may not be the end times, but we are definitely stepping in that direction quickly. Be safe out there. Theres a storm brewin. Buy all the ammo you can. You might need it some day soon.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program... (O)(O)

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Tried buying a bunch of ammo before the election last year and the local Turners was sold out. Ended up buying a bunch of stuff on-line.

·
Dreaming of snow
1,053 Posts
Your a little out of the gun loop. Its been this way since oct-nov. Every since Obamination was voted in everyone has been in a panic that handguns will have heavy bans. So handguns have been selling right and left. The ammo for them is virtually impossible to get, so if you want ammo learn how to reload. Riffles and shotguns seem to be ok, always able to get rounds, and guns seem to be in high stock. Just bought a .22 for the wife, and a 30-06 for myself. Right now looking for an ar-15 upper.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
You should have a minimum of 2000 rounds for every gun you own.

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
I tell ya what it is freaking weird. I went into a wally world, only cuz it's the only thing they have in Payson Az. I was buying my fishing/trout stamp. I looked behind the dude and the ammo case was near empty. just little stuff like 22 and 25 caliber. I over heard him saying that the shit heads in government want to change "things". He was saying they want to put a chemical in the powder to give it a 90 day shelf life, and some othe stupid rules and regulations.

It's the democaps that stupid people vote for that are screwing this country over.

Is there another Civil War in the future??? One of these days people will have had enough of big government and the shit will hit the fan.

If thats the case I'm going to TD's house, he's hooked up.

·
U Member, Member?
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...is there another civil war in the future??? One of these days people will have had enough of big government and the shit will hit the fan...
thats what many are thinking. i know peeps arent buying up ALLL the guns based only on the fact that the tax on them will go up. think there is way more to it than that

·
U Member, Member?
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your a little out of the gun loop. Its been this way since oct-nov. Every since Obamination was voted in everyone has been in a panic that handguns will have heavy bans. So handguns have been selling right and left. The ammo for them is virtually impossible to get, so if you want ammo learn how to reload. Riffles and shotguns seem to be ok, always able to get rounds, and guns seem to be in high stock. Just bought a .22 for the wife, and a 30-06 for myself. Right now looking for an ar-15 upper.
i think your right. but today reality hit home. havent been to turners since before the election.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
So I have about 7 or 8 guns and never stock more ammo than I need for the next 2 or 3 hunts or shoots. I never got the hording of ammo thing although I have friends that certainly do.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Actually there are plenty of hand guns for sale, even if turners tries to make you think differently. Noe the ammo is another story. It is hard to fid primmers if you hand load.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
HAHA! Boy I could go on for days. :D There's definitely something in the breeze.

I've made a couple of believers from friends here. ;)

Catman-do. U need an upper?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
So what is the recommended shelf life of your usual ammo? Ten years? Two years? I really don't know.

I remember getting some military ammo that just went click; every forth round or so would fire.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
So what is the recommended shelf life of your usual ammo? Ten years? Two years? I really don't know.

I remember getting some military ammo that just went click; every forth round or so would fire.

Still shooting WWII 30.06 surplus. Put it in .50 cans with some desiccant and it's good for a looooooong time.

·
U Member, Member?
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anyone know any places online where they dont rape you for ammo with shipping?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts