Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any contact info on k boat builders??

whats the hot ticket in k boats at the present time hull wise??

·
Registered
72 Posts
S & S performance

Call Scott @ 951-785-6064
he has the molds and can do glass or carbon or whatever you want. see the k-5 rebuild thread or Morg's k-25 thread.
pat

·
Old Timer
1,140 Posts
Tell me you didn't just ask that !!!!!! The debates will go on for days.

Just hold on ... I am sure that many suggestions will come in. :D

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I don't know where you're located, but I'm pretty sure Kevin Felkins will build you a K-boat - open cockpit or canopied - over at Canyon Boats in Lodi, CA. www.canyonboats.com, 209-334-6396........

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
you want the best K boat. Look up the real K boat king here on the boards. He will send you in the right direction period! Or if you want a biesemeyer K boat look up dossangers. he just had one, (capable of wining) , built . Either way Biesemyer or Revenge is the best K boat. I just think the Revenge is way better thats all.:)devil Scott at S And S can build you a capsuled one.. That's what you want.

·
Just another Wannabe
1,208 Posts
Just finished all the work on a a K-boat in raw gel yesterday. Fresh out of the mold from Joey Cucci of D'cucci boats as a K boat. A-1 piece. Definitely as nice of a brand new hull as I have seen.
Brian Bergeron has the original Biesemeyer molds and will build you a brand new one to your basic lay-up needs.
As listed above, the revenge molds with Scott. (Sorry don't know him and have not seen a boat, but know the molds.) Arguably the baddest K boats on the planet.
Then there is Rankin with the Canary molds that will have one laid up in glass or carbon. Make a great SS boat, and with some work and a little more material would be a good K boat.
Mel at Temptation is once again willing to make a cricle boat, and has a nice set of molds and knows what he is doing. He is back east.
All the boats are the same basic design with minor changes in bottoms, and some differences in tops etc. What you do to the floor, the set-up and rigging, and what power and prop you run will be more the deciding factor of which one will be a better boat. Everyone boat owner has stories, records, lies and tall tales of why their particular hull brand is better. But it is like Castrol -vs- Valvoline, or blondes -vs- brunettes. Personal preference rules and reigns in any and all of the talk of which is the better hull. Just thank the heavens, because 5 or 7 years ago, you could NOT get a brand new hull. Not from any of the names listed. Right now is a great day and age for the average guy in circle boat racing.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
There is less than a hand full that can really shoe the best. Ask Gordy how many D' Cucci K's he drove in his day, and for who?

·
''GHOST of COLDFIRE''
1,887 Posts
Ask Julian at long beach LOL!!! If i get another boat it will be from Brian Bergeron brand new and it will be PERFECT!!!

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I would not expect anything else from you Wayne! What's not perfect about your boat now? You made a believer out of me at LB..............what a drive........

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
You guys might want to take a look on E-bay right now. Type in Drag boat. There is a guy selling what he claims is a 18' K boat mold. It is currently back east, but says he can transport it to Washington soon if need be. It currently has no bids at $100.00. Maybe my eyes are jacked up, but the deck mold looks like it has a double step up on it. Could be worth wild for someone. Let us all know what you guys can make of it, F1~

1 - 16 of 16 Posts