Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of friend's said they saw a Kachina Condor (sp?) and said it was exactly the same as my Mach 1 Tunnel. Anyone got a pic of a Kachina Condor?

Attachments

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
Yes. A guy that worked for Mach 1 Boats started up Wildercraft. Wildercrafts have a very different bottom and there's no pod on the back like a Mach 1.

yah that was my boat- let me get a few pictures for ya here in a min

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
A couple of friend's said they saw a Kachina Condor (sp?) and said it was exactly the same as my Mach 1 Tunnel. Anyone got a pic of a Kachina Condor?

here are a couple of pics, let me know if you need some more man..

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
I just got a 1985 Kachina Condor. It looks exactly like your Mach 1. Drydock Marine in Phoenix, Az told me that Kachina bought the molds from Mach 1 to make Condor. Supposedly Mach1 copied the Southwind dragster bottom. I haven't had mine out yet. What are the pros and cons with this hull? Any set-up info?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes. A guy that worked for Mach 1 Boats started up Wildercraft. Wildercrafts have a very different bottom and there's no pod on the back like a Mach 1.
Yep, Ross Wilder, we used to pit next to him in Parker, we were also runnin a Wilder at the time

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
I just got a 1985 Kachina Condor. It looks exactly like your Mach 1. Drydock Marine in Phoenix, Az told me that Kachina bought the molds from Mach 1 to make Condor. Supposedly Mach1 copied the Southwind dragster bottom. I haven't had mine out yet. What are the pros and cons with this hull? Any set-up info?

well, mine being bone stock i really can't offer any setup info it rides pretty decent though

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
Yo b-dizel you going out this weekend??:)devil
i think so- got a few things to do before i go out, but HAHA what do i got to do all day but wrench on the boat? remember how tyson is afraid of the river due to lack of brakes? he got ANOTHER boat.. yah, and of all boats to get he got Clayborne's old boat. he may shit a brick

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ya that boat is pretty sweet but claborn didnt take very good care of it so im wondering what it looks like now. tyson will be out there braging about it and never run it cause hes scared of it!:)gay:(

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No sh!t!?! Yep, they're exactly the same (Kachina Condor & Mach 1 Tunnel).

The bottoms are nothing like a SWTD, I've looked.

Thanks for the PM 84Condor! :)devil

Not very many of these boats around to say the least, freakin' rare is closer to the truth. Therefore not much set up info is available on them. Pro's and Con's are easy though. Pro = it's a tunnel. Con = not many around to share set up info on them. Plus another possible con is the bottom itself, still better than a V hull, but the outside "chines" (I have no idea what I'm talking about) aren't level with anything on the bottom and it will lose it's air entrapment sooner than a SWTD and most other tunnel hulls.

Check the pic and maybe someone that does know what they're talking about will set me straight.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Nice photo of Mach 1 transom and tunnel area.The Condor I have has the aluminum plates running back to the end of the pump pod. The outside sponsons are angled up about five degrees while the Mach 1 is flatter. Condors are rare. I do not know about Mach 1s. SWTD seem popularl. It would be nice to hear from a Condor or Mach 1 owner who has dialed one it pretty well.

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
Nice photo of Mach 1 transom and tunnel area.The Condor I have has the aluminum plates running back to the end of the pump pod. The outside sponsons are angled up about five degrees while the Mach 1 is flatter. Condors are rare. I do not know about Mach 1s. SWTD seem popularl. It would be nice to hear from a Condor or Mach 1 owner who has dialed one it pretty well.

my plates too come all the way back to the end of the pump pod, just one of the few differences i guess!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts