Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Michigan Hotboats
279 Posts
I'm just about 11hrs into the 14hr drive home from cumberland right now. Was down there for 5 days and it is worth every minute of the long drive.
Skaters. Donzis. Hustlers. Fountains. Outerlimits. Eliminators. You name it. Their there!!!!!!

·
Dirty White Boy
351 Posts
How far is Dale Hollow from Bowling Green?
It looks like about 100 miles to my house from BG, I live 3 miles from Dale Hollow, about 20 miles from Lake Cumberland. As you head east across 90 Lake Cumberland is north and Dale Hollow is south. They are pretty close together in certain areas. Everyone has an opinion, but mine is that if you want to see big fast boats and party, go to Lake Cumberland. I like Dale Hollow for skiing, smoother water, more laid back(read family oriented) and it is prettier.... especially while Cumberland level is down for dam repairs. don't worry about the lower levels, there is still plenty of lake there.

When will you be heading in? If my boat is running again :|errI'd be happy to show you around......enjoy the trip, both lakes are AWESOME!

·
Boat Bling Distributor
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It looks like about 100 miles to my house from BG, I live 3 miles from Dale Hollow, about 20 miles from Lake Cumberland. As you head east across 90 Lake Cumberland is north and Dale Hollow is south. They are pretty close together in certain areas. Everyone has an opinion, but mine is that if you want to see big fast boats and party, go to Lake Cumberland. I like Dale Hollow for skiing, smoother water, more laid back(read family oriented) and it is prettier.... especially while Cumberland level is down for dam repairs. don't worry about the lower levels, there is still plenty of lake there.

When will you be heading in? If my boat is running again :|errI'd be happy to show you around......enjoy the trip, both lakes are AWESOME!
Thanks for the info & the offer that would be great! I have been offered a job in BG. Not for sure if ill take it or not. But since we spend quite a bit of are time on the lake I wanted to get the scoop and see what was close to BG. Ill post up when I head that way with my boat. Thanks again.

·
Dirty White Boy
351 Posts
Good luck with the job dealio. There might be lakes closer, but I have not been to any of them. Dale Hollow and lake Cumberland are lakes that we would go on vacation to every year when I was a kid. there isn't much need to travel anywhere else:D Don't tell anyone tho! We don't need everyone crowding up our lakes:|err

If you make it this way, the poker run is a must see from the lake.....not to mention the party......bring plenty of beads:)devil

Best of luck!

·
Boat Bling Distributor
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good luck with the job dealio. There might be lakes closer, but I have not been to any of them. Dale Hollow and lake Cumberland are lakes that we would go on vacation to every year when I was a kid. there isn't much need to travel anywhere else:D Don't tell anyone tho! We don't need everyone crowding up our lakes:|err

If you make it this way, the poker run is a must see from the lake.....not to mention the party......bring plenty of beads:)devil

Best of luck!
Thanks! Dont worry I wont say a word, thats how myself & my friends think of are lake (Navajo Lake) here in NM we dont want fools from other places mainly CA coming and taking over:mad:. And yes I have been meaning to check out the Cumberland poker run maybe this year;)

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,139 Posts
Where to boat around Bowling Green KY? Are there other performance boats in this area or nearby?
Big Race August 29-30 on the Green River in Livermore KY, about an hour's drive from Bowling Green.

KDBA's Thunder on the Green.
August 29-30, Livermore KY

I'll be there,

LO

·
Registered
220 Posts
wifes been lookin at property in tennessee , i see lots of lakes .is there plenty of hot boaters out your way !!!! TUNNEL T
There are hot boats, but not like the Colorado River. Any stretch from Havasu south is wall to wall hot boats. Out here it is more a few here and there in between production boats. There are a few poker runs, ODBA (smaller boats), etc. that bring some hardware, but it is hard to beat the river when it comes to seeing $150K tunnel boat after $150K tunnel boat roll by.

HD

·
Boat Bling Distributor
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I live in Bowling Green, nice place many close lakes, I have a house on Cumberland. If you have any questions, let me know. Eric

How long does it take to get back & forth from Bowling Green to Cumberland? Would it be a doable thing to live in Cumberland & work in Bowling Green? Thanks in advance Eric.

David

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.