Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Uber Caffeinated
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
couldn't figure out what the heck it was at first. Thought maybe the mouse problem wasn't gone after all. That wasn't it though. It was my dishes; plates actually! Melamine ware. I got them at a dollar store so no wonder but the damn things just dried out, shrunk slightly then cracked while just sitting on my table. I was a few feet away watching tv. Each time one cracked it made a really loud sound and being all by myself it was a little startling to put it mildly. :D Soon as I figured out the source of the noise, whenever I'd hear another one start to crack I'd finish the job. I've had to finish breaking four of them so far. Funny thing is after each time I'd feel just a bit more cheerful. Breaking stuff is as good as it's purported to be after all. :)eh:) Huh. Now I'm torn between which song to play first Droppin' Plates - Disturbed or Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit. :D :)devil

Lesson I've learned: Don't buy dollar store dishes, unless I actually WANT to break something just for kicks. :)bulb

·
In INTERNET REHAB
1,113 Posts
couldn't figure out what the heck it was at first. Thought maybe the mouse problem wasn't gone after all. That wasn't it though. It was my dishes; plates actually! Melamine ware. I got them at a dollar store so no wonder but the damn things just dried out, shrunk slightly then cracked while just sitting on my table. I was a few feet away watching tv. Each time one cracked it made a really loud sound and being all by myself it was a little startling to put it mildly. :D Soon as I figured out the source of the noise, whenever I'd hear another one start to crack I'd finish the job. I've had to finish breaking four of them so far. Funny thing is after each time I'd feel just a bit more cheerful. Breaking stuff is as good as it's purported to be after all. :)eh:) Huh. Now I'm torn between which song to play first Droppin' Plates - Disturbed or Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit. :D :)devil

Lesson I've learned: Don't buy dollar store dishes, unless I actually WANT to break something just for kicks. :)bulb

ROTFLMAO! Thanks FM, I needed that today. Just think of all the money you saved yourself in therapy.........at the dollar store no less! :D

I can relate tho, bought some silverware there for the trailer, just camping stuff. First time the kids tried to use it they bent like a noodle. Pretty funny sitting around the campfire after I had bragged about the deal I got on the silverware.....................:D

·
Uber Caffeinated
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually....... it was the mice

Hi Effy...
Arrgh! You're so contrary! :p There are no mice anymore. :|err Oh and hi Michael. :)

So what I'm hearing, Traci, is that breaking plates cheers people up even vicariously! :D Glad I could help. :D Thanks for sharing your silverware incident - that made me laugh too! :)grn Good to know I'm not the only one who likes a good deal - quality be damned. :D

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
~FM I confess, it was I tossing containers of lemon scented Wet Naps at your bedroom window.:)sphss

·
Uber Caffeinated
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
~FM I confess, it was I tossing containers of lemon scented Wet Naps at your bedroom window.:)sphss
What the hell man are we doing role reversal or what? Who's the stalker here? :D In any case I'm just glad you said lemon and not peach (although peach would have been so apropos since quality is being called into question! :D )

maxwedge - Do you know something I don't know? Was there an earthquake in my neighborhood and I just didn't realize it? :)eh:) Caffeine related of course! :D

DILLIGAF - I KNOW!!! :D :D :D (Well .... now I do, anyway. :)sphss )

·
Passin Glass
2,825 Posts
Almost as good as the bulk pack of ass wipe I bought there..I was wondering why they included 4 boxes of toothpicks. :)grn

·
Uber Caffeinated
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Almost as good as the bulk pack of ass wipe I bought there..I was wondering why they included 4 boxes of toothpicks. :)grn
Spokes cleaners? :)eh:)

·
Uber Caffeinated
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finger nails:mad:
Ewwwwwww! Use more at a time! :)bulb Just if it clogs the toilet better hope your plunger isn't from the dollar store too! :)grn

·
Uber Caffeinated
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ROTFLMAO...(you ain't right):D...and I wouldn't want you any other way.;)
Some things will never change ... me being "not right" is likely to be one of those! :)bulb

·
Faster, Stronger, Bionic
626 Posts
maxwedge - Do you know something I don't know? Was there an earthquake in my neighborhood and I just didn't realize it? :)eh:) Caffeine related of course! :D
I don't know about your neighborhood, but I know there was an earthquake here in IL the other day, which was pretty damn strange. I woke up and just though it was the wind or thunder ratteling the windows & plates. Then I saw the news when I got up in the morning.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Ewwwwwww! Use more at a time! :)bulb Just if it clogs the toilet better hope your plunger isn't from the dollar store too! :)grn

Flush as you wipe!!! :)bulb

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
That is funny FM! :p:p:p:p Thanks!

Those plates make pretty good "shooting clays". ;)

·
Uber Caffeinated
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Uber Caffeinated
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is funny FM! :p:p:p:p Thanks!

Those plates make pretty good "shooting clays". ;)
I'd mail some to you for shooting practice but the postage would cost more than the plates themselves! :p

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
Imagine the quality chemicals used to make those plates and how much care they took to protect the consumer from them. Be thankful they broke before you injested to much poison.
Caveat.

·
I'm on a BOAT
710 Posts
Pretend you are at a Greek Wedding and throw the plates :D

Actually Melamine is good stuff, we sell bowls made out of it at Williams Sonoma. Oprah had a set of Melamine bowls and measuring cups on her "favorite things" show, so we couldn't keep the stuff in stock. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts