Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Lots of family friendly coves on the South part of the Lake.

Steamboat is usually pretty PG-13:)
x2. Don't go all the way into Steamboat stay on the outside and you should be OK.

Also, north of the sandbar you might find a little beach you can have to yourself.

·
Certified in something
84 Posts
You could tie off shore at crazyhorse camground (rocky near beaches) let the kids play in the sand at the crazyhorse, And you'll be close enough to the channel entrance to get food or whatever.:)bulb
Just an idea.

·
AKA Janda
261 Posts
Rotary Beach inside Thompson Bay. No alcohol on the beach, so nobody wants to park there. It is also really shallow so you can moor out and let the kids play in the knee deep water. But you are still close enough to see the action go by! ;)
Are you going to be there?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Gene Wash Cove aka California Cove aka Palm Tree Cove, just south of the pumping station is pretty mellow. No beach but a bunch of great jumping rocks for the kids.

·
The King
1,107 Posts
We usually head south in the morning and hang out near The Springs tubing and just swimming in the Refuge. When it's time for lunch, we go find a quiet cove and drop anchor. Always make a pass or two under the London Bridge. That we'll eat up at least a half of a day.

Another trip is to head north pass the SandBar and cruise up to Topoc Bridge. We usually beach it in the no wake zone (Is that Gasoline Alley?) on the way back and watch all of the boats go by (it's like a parade) while tossing the football around and what not. On the way back, slow down near the channel to show your kids how not to act. Be sure to make another pass under the London Bridge while going thru the channel on your way home.

Have fun.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Gene Wash Cove aka California Cove aka Palm Tree Cove, just south of the pumping station is pretty mellow. No beach but a bunch of great jumping rocks for the kids.
Gene's wash, between the pumping station and the dam is a great place for families to hang out.
Quit tell lies. That cove sucks. There are prop eating monsters and the jumping rocks you speak of are razor sharp. And the people from Compton run the place. It's horrible.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I head to Havasu for all of the holidays and I avoid the channel when I have my grandkids with me!!! I cruise with my dogs/grandkids and am always able to find a cove that is family friendly. It is a shame but I really don't need the grandkids to grow up too fast!!!

·
special k
254 Posts
cove to hang out in

three dunes , steamboat , or down by the springs or outer harbor for a couple of cocktails while the kids play in the arcade.after that a nice relaxing ski ride back to the ramp at sandpoint with the wife driving and the daughters observing it doesnt get any better than that:)devil:)devil

1 - 20 of 20 Posts