Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
5149 1/2
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As Cigalert said, Father's Day Weekend in Havasu sucked with a 6mm kidney stone. Here's the story. In town Friday morning, met up with HighFlyer so he could test one of my props, goofed off all day and all is well. On the water by 9am Sat. morning and head to Park Moabi for the day. Head out about 2pm to go people watch in the channel. The second we pull away from Moabi I get that familiar kidney stone pain. Head back to Havasu Marina at a whooping 45mph in the toon. The No Wake at Devil's Elbow was the longest few minutes of my life. Get off the water and put boat away and by now I am pretty much in fetal position. Head to Lake Havasu Regional Medical Center. Newbie nurse sticks me to start an IV and start morphine. OOOOPS she doesn't realize she did not get the vein and is pumping dope under my skin. My hand looked like the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man. Needless to say I sent the wife to get the doc and ask wtf, still having pain. He takes one look at my hand and my face and corrects the problem. Last time I saw that nurse for the night. Decide to admit me to monitor pain and may go in and get the stone beacuse of its size. 48 hours later pain is gone but have not passed stone. Loaded me up with Oxycodone and said haul ass home, you don't want to pass that sucker in Ludlow!!! So, home today and doctor tomorrow to see wtf with the stone. Black and blue all over arms and hands from needle pricks and blood tests. Belly too cause they stuck me twice to use blood thinners to prevent clots. Last time I had two stones, very small, it was 4hrs in the E.R. and home to pass them two days later. Guess I'm just a pussy!!:)hand

·
Nuclear Powered
1,281 Posts
You know what they say, "any day at the lake is better then any day at work" :D:D:D

Hope you fell better soon

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Stones suck. I've had them about 12 times now, some pass some with the ultra sound method. Thankfully no surgery so far. Been ok for about 2 yrs now but man, its no warning. Boom your in pain. heh

The one bad set I had I thought I passed a kids sand box or something after the ultrasound. Not good.

Good luck and keep those scripts filled. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
mattman, when go see your doctor ask for a durg called Tordal this will take way the pain and is the best for kideny stones . I kown what the pain is one time for me with stones. good luck :)hand

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Hope you are feeling better. Once they pass you will feel great! Of course they need to pass first :(

Been there and done that and it hurts like hell....

G

·
Drink 8 oz of fresh squeezed lemon juice and 2 oz of light olive oil. The stone will pass with 24 hours.

I been dealing with stones for 13 years. Worked every time

If you have any doubt google it

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Stones suck. Been there done that.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I was workin alone about 50 miles from home on Tuesday and also got that all too familiar pain in the back. I keep a vicodin in the truck just for stone attacks. It didn't even touch the pain. Had to have my kids come rescue me and my truck. Isn't it amazing how the receptionist at ER sends you right in when they see your face twisted in agony and tell them your having a stone attack. After some quick plumbing and gig you with morphine...All is bearable again. Passed a 5mm the next day.

·
Registered
306 Posts
What an excuse for not coming to say hi and pick up your t Shirt!

I guess i will let it slide.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Brett

·
Registered
211 Posts
Dude that sounds horrible. Your dad (i think) told me about it when i dropped the prop off. Get well. See you on the water soon.

-Kyle

·
5149 1/2
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seeing the Urologist at 4:30. Their office seems to think it's lodged in the bladder. At that size they're saying there is no way I would not know it passed. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Seeing the Urologist at 4:30. Their office seems to think it's lodged in the bladder. At that size they're saying there is no way I would not know it passed. Stay tuned.
I have a Urologist appt. on Tues for a 7mm stone they say 6mm and up will most times not pass alone 6mm=1/4". I know I am drinking a ton of water 96-120oz daily trying to not let it pass until my appt.
Good luck! let me know what they say.
They are telling me they want to go in a get it :)sphss I don't like the sound of that!

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Go to health food store or go online and look for 2 different
products.

Stone Free is a tablet that you can take to prohibit
stones from forming.

Stone Breaker is made in a liquid form and will break
the stone up quickly.

From the kidney stone goes to ureter tubes and then into bladder.
I have had around 5 or so attacks. Twice to emergency room.

Drink a ton of water even though you won't feel like it.

There are four types of stones.

Two most common are calcium based and uric acid based.
Try to get part of stone and take to Dr. to have analyzed
so that you can change diet accordingly.

Call Cindy for info on who makes Stone Breaker better known as Hydrangea.
It is a disgusting liquid you will mix with juice but will guaranteed
break down the stone.

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
Mattman, feel for ya bro, been there. Now when I feel that twinge I just start drinking water by the gallon. Good luck man. Creole I will look that up, nothing can taste too bad compared to the alternative.

·
5149 1/2
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok here's the dealio. The pain I had the other day was actually a different stone that I have since passed. There is still a 7mm stone hangin' out in my kidney and most likely will not pass it. Fock!! So, they are scheduling me for outpatient surgery to blow it up with radio waves. He said they will put me out but it's not for pain because there isn't any. It's so I won't move because the machines that actually perform the surgery are very precise. He said it's all done by robotics. He said I can wait until summer is over if I want or schedule it whenever. According to the doc, in order to avoid stones you should stay well hydrated including always having lemon in your water, avoid salt, and avoid red meats, poultry and dairy.

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Medicine is a business.

Call Wild Oats or Health Food Store
and purchase Stone Breaker aka Hydrangea.

It will break up the stone. Follow the directions
on the bottle.

The issue will be when the stone breaks up. The
remnants will end up in the ureters which can cause pain
as they tear the lining and move their way to the bladder.

Drink massive amounts of water and avoiding salt
is good advice. I am not aware of the lemon usage.

I would also start taking Stone Free which is in tablet form.

Do you have any issues with gout or swelling in the joints
of the toes or ankles?

If so then uric acid is primary culprit.

Avoid chocolate, gravy, butter, seafood and other purines.
Start eating cherries or take cherry extract in liquid or tablet.

·
5149 1/2
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thx for the well wishes and all the info. The first time I had them was about 18 months ago and swore I would do everything right (change diet) to never have to go through it again. I drink water like a fish and always have but now it seems like I need to be a fockn' vegetarian!!!! Guess I'll just have to head back out to the river and fughedaboudit!!:)devil

1 - 20 of 25 Posts