Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(SOLD) Keith Black Aluminum BBC for sale

The Motor is SOLD !!! The motor is a Fresh,13.5:1, 496 cid. polished KB-500 block. It has Dart pro#1-345 heads. Profiler TR. 1050 Dominators. Jessel beltdrive, Jessel shaft rockers,areo space crank trigger, MSD-distributor, Dan Olson alum. oil pan, "Race-pump" fuel pump and reg., Star machine vacume pump & catch can.Scat crank,h-beam rods,Comp-roller cam, new roller lifters,new bearings,rings,and gaskets. It was dynoed at Paul Pfaff's shop @ over 900 hp.The motor was built by Mark Rapp @ Rapp Racing in Huntington Beach. It pushed my 18' CP 112mph @ 9.116 on the track at Bakersfield.:))THumbsUp

Asking 16K, from oil pan to carbs.
Thanks,Bubba-909-631-9888

Attachments

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
I would give my left nut for this Mill...:bangmyhead:
My nephew told me he met you the other day by recognizing your CP at your house.
Are you selling the CP as well?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ttt

The motor is a Fresh,13.5:1, 496 cid. polished KB-500 block. It has Dart pro#1-345 heads. Profiler TR. 1050 Dominators. Jessel beltdrive, Jessel shaft rockers,areo space crank trigger, MSD-distributor, Dan Olson alum. oil pan, "Race-pump" fuel pump and reg., Star machine vacume pump & catch can.Scat crank,h-beam rods,Comp-roller cam, new roller lifters,new bearings,rings,and gaskets. It was dynoed at Paul Pfaff's shop @ over 900 hp.The motor was built by Mark Rapp @ Rapp Racing in Huntington Beach. It pushed my 18' CP 112mph @ 9.116 on the track at Bakersfield.

I have the flex plate and PTO also

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
With a KB water jacketed block like this, are there also KB hemi heads that bolt onto this block? Sorry for the silly question, I know a quesiton like that would cause GN7 to blow a head gasket... :wink2:

What is the bore size on this block??? I see that the KB500 block can go up to 4.500" and take up to 4.75" stroke... Can you tell us the bore/stroke please, the average Chevy guy probably knows what bore/stroke makes a 496...

We miss you Bob...... :))THumbsUp

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
KB water jacketed block like this, are there also KB hemi heads that bolt onto this block? Sorry for the silly question, I know a quesiton like that would cause GN7 to blow a head gasket... :wink2:

What is the bore size on this block??? I see that the KB500 block can go up to 4.500" and take up to 4.75"... Can you tell us the bore/stroke, the average Chevy guy probably knows what bore/stroke makes a 496...

We miss you Bob...... :))THumbsUp
The stock bore on a 454 BBC is 4.25.the stock stroke is 4.00 .with a .060 over bore it is 4.310 and a 4.25 stroke. that is the combo that is in this 496.
When this KB block was ordered, i filled out a Spec sheet detailing what bore and stroke i was planning to use. The sleeves with the .060 over bore were then pressed into the block. The wall thickness is still original minus the finish honing. I hope that this helps.
I don't know about hemi heads app.
i know that there are some guys running hemi heads on some Ford motors. Maybe some else with that info can answer that question about putting them on a Mark IV block

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
The stock bore on a 454 BBC is 4.25.the stock stroke is 4.00 .with a .060 over bore it is 4.310 and a 4.25 stroke. that is the combo that is in this 496.
When this KB block was ordered, i filled out a Spec sheet detailing what bore and stroke i was planning to use. The sleeves with the .060 over bore were then pressed into the block. The wall thickness is still original minus the finish honing. I hope that this helps.
I don't know about hemi heads app.
i know that there are some guys running hemi heads on some Ford motors. Maybe some else with that info can answer that question about putting them on a Mark IV block
TY for the details... I know Arias makes hemi heads for BBC blocks, I didnt know if KB did, after looking at their site, it looks like all the hemi stuff is for their mopar spec stuff...

And yes, looks killer... :))THumbsUp

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
496 KB Still for Sale

The motor is a Fresh,13.5:1, 496 cid. polished KB-500 block. It has Dart pro#1-345 heads. Profiler TR. 1050 Dominators. Jessel beltdrive, Jessel shaft rockers,areo space crank trigger, MSD-distributor, Dan Olson alum. oil pan, "Race-pump" fuel pump and reg., Star machine vacume pump & catch can.Scat crank,h-beam rods,Comp-roller cam, new roller lifters,new bearings,rings,and gaskets. It was dynoed at Paul Pfaff's shop @ over 900 hp.The motor was built by Mark Rapp @ Rapp Racing in Huntington Beach. It pushed my 18' CP 112mph @ 9.116 on the track at Bakersfield.

This motor is ready to Plug in and Go !!! The only run time this has on it since it was freshened up is on a run stand at Rapp's shop. Somebody must need or want a complete motor...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts