Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BB chevy, dart block, eagle crank & h beam rods. The King bearing I have always used, Part #0849l stdx with a chamfer. The replacements I got, part # CR808HPNSTDX don't have a chamfer and they are narrower by the width of the chamfer. Are these o.k to use? Sent an e-mail to King but I don't expect an answer 'cause of the Holidays

·
Registered
435 Posts
This goes for all brands of bearing but I just had a set of kings in the shop and as a procedure all bearing are checked for oversize and one shell was not std as the rest there was a .010 in the box would have been caught also as we check every bearing bore size but just a reminder to all check everything. This was a rotation assy all new parts from a big vendor.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
This goes for all brands of bearing but I just had a set of kings in the shop and as a procedure all bearing are checked for oversize and one shell was not std as the rest there was a .010 in the box would have been caught also as we check every bearing bore size but just a reminder to all check everything. This was a rotation assy all new parts from a big vendor.
That doesn't surprise me at all. I learned NOTHING surprises me anymore, specially bearings.
Sad thing is ACL, which was one of the most consistent bearings out there, fell into financial trouble and was "sold" off. Hopefully the new owners keep the QC that ACL had. Time will tell. For right now, ACL's seem to be in short supply.

This is a brand new out of the box Clevite.
clevite bearing.jpg

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
435 Posts
That doesn't surprise me at all. I learned NOTHING surprises me anymore, specially bearings.
Sad thing is ACL, which was one of the most consistent bearings out there, fell into financial trouble and was "sold" off. Hopefully the new owners keep the QC that ACL had. Time will tell. For right now, ACL's seem to be in short supply.

This is a brand new out of the box Clevite.
View attachment 447313
The parts world is a scary place these days, double check everything. The pbm stuff better look at every valve lock you may get a std and a +or- in the same pkg. no longer use there valve train parts.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
The parts world is a scary place these days, double check everything. The pbm stuff better look at every valve lock you may get a std and a +or- in the same pkg. no longer use there valve train parts.
There are some horror stories out there about PBM stuff. Mostly about valve train stuff, but certainly not limited to that. '
Seen assembled PBM "brand" SBC head with 2 different locks on the same valve!!!!!
Is it their supplier? Or is THEM? Who knows, But when they themselves do something like that, it raises concerns with me about the whole operation, regardless.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I heard Morel supplied PBM with lifters? If Not....:bangmyhead: I have PBM's trouble free so far

1 - 8 of 8 Posts