Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in staying in the Kings View condos - however I have not stayed there before nor do I know anybody who has...

A couple of questions:

1) can you legaly keep your boat in the water at the beach in front of the condos over night?

2) I'm guessing we have a few board members that own 1 or 2 of these - could you please contact me if you have availibility June 11, 12 & 13. NOW THE IMPORTANT PART!!!! please not not pm me if your unit is a run down party house... really - my wife is the biggest neat freak you will ever find - she will not stay in a place that looks run down. It has to be top notch...

Thanks for your thoughts & go easy on the high maintance wife comments :D

·
Registered
199 Posts
As far as I know you can't park over night but unless it's a big weekend I've heard they don't write tickets. But with the need for revenue they might be now....
Yeah, we have not been given a ticket yet when we leave have left our boat overnight. The property management company said that it technically is not allowed, but that they were given permission???

So maybe it would be a good idea to find out for sure!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just an FYI this movie is being filmed right now but the channel filming is at the same time your planning on being there. Like I said just an FYI

Movie Shoot in the Channel
Got a note today from the Piranha 3D folks that I thought I'd share. I am told the Channel won't actually be closed and there will still be access to the Nautical, Marina and other businesses in the Channel, but coming in from the south end will be subject to "significant" delays. This will be the filming of the "massacre scene." - Charlie

Piranha Productions
Locations Dept.
1477 Queens Bay
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
928.854.1448 (office)
480.251.5231 (cellular)
928.854.1406 (fax)

To: All Concerned
Re: Filming in Thompson Bay/Bridgewater Channel

Piranha 3-D will begin preparation for filming in these areas on Wednesday, May 27th, and will continue through this weekend. Filming will begin on Monday, June 1st, and continue until June 13th. While we shoot at these locations, there will be significant delays in travel time for the general public, particularly in Bridgewater Channel. We encourage boaters to avoid the Channel when possible on these dates, between the hours of 6am-6pm. It is our sincere intention to keep these delays to a minimum so as to not impact the experience of your boating residents/visitors.

Please contact the Location Dept. at the above numbers should you have any questions/concerns.

Thank you.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Yeah, we have not been given a ticket yet when we leave have left our boat overnight. The property management company said that it technically is not allowed, but that they were given permission???

I went by at 8am the Sat. before Mem. and the beach was full of over nighters.;)

·
100% Pimp 50% of the Time
1,516 Posts

I know some people that have gotten tickets one weekend and now have heard the same thing but the signs are there and are pretty clear... Hard to fight that in court. Those tickets aren't cheap either...

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Parking your boat in front of the Condo's haven't been a problem during the week but on weekends might be a different story.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the thoughts from everybody on the overnight issue...

I have recieved 1 PM on a condo but the dates I am looking for were sold out - any other board members own one that they rent out or other contacts that some of you have used in the past would be great. Thx

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
We stay in Kingsview every time we go to Havasu. Check out www.vacationrentals.com - they have a ton of Kingsview condos on there. You can search by community and then look up Kingsview. www.vrbo.com has a bunch too. We try and rent from individuals - the condos are usually higher quality.

You are not legally allowed to park on the beach - they will ticket but usually let the big weekends slide.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts