Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are staying at the Kingsview this weekend, I don't want to get a ticket so i always pull the boat out at night, every time I take it out few boats stay on the beach over night without getting a ticket. how often do they patrol & ticket,how much is the fine. I know the night I leave it in the water I'll get one .

·
Registered
153 Posts
$250!!!!!! Them bastards gave me a ticket because i could not get to the ramp due to 65 MPH winds.Oh and a boat was going through with no lights.They didn't care about that.Still got the ticket at 2:00 AM.BULLSHIT!!!!
was told this once by an oldtimer and i have used it once successfully:

Tell them that the conditions made navigating dangerous and that you were in fear for your life and are claiming safe harbor under maritime law...
it stopped lhpd in their tracks a few years back when the nautical inn was trying to remove me from their cove during a monsoon...

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Just an FYI, I run/walk the channel path on Saturday mornings, and for the past four weeks, there are NO boats that look like they were there overnight. Take a chance, get lucky,or $250!! I personally would not leave my boat unattended in the chanell, too many things can happen. Just my .02
Have a nice weekend!!

·
The Dog Catcher
410 Posts
So this may be a question for Boatcop. Why even pay the ticket? Especially if you have out-of-state numbers. Just plead stupidity and say you didn't see the ticket. "It must of blown off the boat when we idled to the Turtle". :D:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.